sortby, orderby and manufacturer filter redirect to 301 - Don't create right URL

Started by benz1245, April 18, 2017, 11:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benz1245

Hello,

i'm working with these versions and plugins:

Joomla! 3.6.5
VM 3.0.18
sh404SEF 4.8.0.3423

I recently upgraded from Joomla! 2.5.26, VirtueMart 2.6.8c and sh404SEF 4.4.3.1770  following step by step the official guide. All has gone well.

The structures of both the sites (the old and the updated), like categories and products, plugins and components and sh404 urls, are exactly the same.

But, like wrote in the object of this thread, when i try to use product's filter in category view (orderby, sortby and manufacturer filters) the site redirect me the a 301 page or to the HP (it depend from the output).

I really tried ALL Joomla, VM and SH404sef configurations but they seems don't work. I saw that the filter may don't create the right URL when it want to do it. Or better, the filter don't creat no URL before, for example, a command like this:    ?orderby=category_name&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=78

I saw also that the main VMMenu, which bring to VM categories's main root, don't have the right, original url and it don't properly works after the upgrade from VM2 version. If activated, all VM categories don't show products inside themselves. May a related problem?

I think it can be solved just writing the right drive in the JRoute or the orderby default.php file?
Please, some have idea of how to fix this bug?

Thanks in advance to all.

jjk

I would suggest to get rid of sh404sef urls. You will have a faster website and less problems. Both, Joomla and VirtueMart have their own SEF url system, which are working fine. Will also save you a lot of time required to maintain the sh404sef urls.

Initially things might improve in your case if you delete the (old) sh404sef cache and purge the (old) urls.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

benz1245

First of all thank you very much for your answer and sorry if i forgot to publish my PHP version, actually is 5.4.

I used sh404sef for years, and now my site has millions and millions of links and aliases. If i unpublish now the plugin (sh404sef) i will lost years and years of work and i don't think that Google or other search engines will apreciate this action beacause it would say millions of 404. Even if i should redirect all 404 to the home page, this will be a problem with Google. What do you think about it?

I have to say that my sites had ever worked fine and fast, with sh404 still.

But now, after made a long and necessary operation of upgrading for joomla and VM, i have a site perfectly working but with the only problem (i hope) that product's search filters off, not working for the problem i wrote in the title.

Some one have any ideas?

Thank you in advance. Kind regards.

benz1245

No one have any ideas?
If someone wants to earn some money by solving this problem, I will be more than happy to offer them!
You can contact my privately.

Thank you all in advance.

KR

jenkinhill

Problem we have with understanding your issue is that very few experienced users who come in here use sh404sef,  and PHP5.4 went end of life on September 14, 2015, and most probably use PHP7 now.

The current VM version is 3.2.1 (3.2.2 is not far off being released) so maybe try that on a copy of your site, as it does contain a lot of changes & bugfixes.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum