News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add default value to registration form email field

Started by Laura Chu, March 23, 2017, 23:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Chu

I want to add default value to registration form email field, something like "Please make sure use active email address". I appreciate if someone can give me help, many thanks.
www.cybersky.com.au Website Design, Web Development, Graphic Deisgn, Display System

jenkinhill

In the shopper field list edit the email field and enter your test in the default text field.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Laura Chu

I think so, I add "test" and save, but still nothing in the email field. Looks like all the detail about shoppers field cannot be changed, but shipping detail are changeable.
www.cybersky.com.au Website Design, Web Development, Graphic Deisgn, Display System

jenkinhill

Works fine for me, VM3.2, VM default templates.  Are you using overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Laura Chu

Thanks jenkinhill, please check attached file, email field is locked, I think it's override, how can I change it then, many thanks.

jenkinhill

NO file attached.

I think it's override,
Surely you must know that? If it is in templates/[yourjoomlatemplate]/com_virtuemart/ then it is an override.  And of course the email field has a locked status in the field list as it is a reserved Joomla field, but that does not prevent editing it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK