News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Sudden PayPal Errors

Started by isabeaux, March 23, 2017, 00:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabeaux

Hi,

Is anyone else getting these messages? I haven't changed any settings in... years maybe? Plus, I haven't updated to the new vm version. 

Yet today with every purchase I get this email:

QuoteHello,

An error with your payment method paypal on your store XXXXX. The details are logged in the file paypal.1.log.php

. The VirtueMart Team

When I look at the paypal.1.log.php:

Quote2017-03-22 13:21:40 ERROR validateIpnContent: Error while posting IPN: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known,  0
2017-03-22 16:08:45 ERROR validateIpnContent: Error while posting IPN: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known,  0
2017-03-22 18:38:00 ERROR validateIpnContent: Error while posting IPN: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known,  0
2017-03-22 19:00:36 ERROR validateIpnContent: Error while posting IPN: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known,  0
2017-03-22 21:11:36 ERROR validateIpnContent: Error while posting IPN: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known,  0

If I remember correctly this happened to me in 2015 and at the time it seemed that it was an issue with PayPal rotating their IP addresses correctly, but I can't figure out what it may be.

The purchases are made and paid for and I get the PayPal email to me informing me of a purchase, but the order is not updated with "confirmed" status, and remains in "pending" status.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tomás

VirtueMart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5

isabeaux

Update:
I had a purchase today and it wen through without incident, despite that I didn't change anything at all on the site.  ???

Tomás