Performance grinds to a near halt when add product categories!?

Started by xocigars, March 21, 2017, 19:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

the new core is also cached and optimised. It is quite likely that it will run faster, when you update. Alone the added keys may enhance your speed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xocigars

Thank-you Jenkihill and Milbo and Ghost,

One more question for now please:

As, I am currently in the throws of integration testing (and server 500 errors occur during debug), and is so slow for testing,
would you recommend upgrading to Joomla 3.6.5. but leave Virtuemart at 3.0.9, until my changes/testing is complete?

Kind regards,
Steve

xocigars

I can try to upgrade Virtuemart as well - is just such bad timing to have to do this right now..

xocigars

I suppose I could remove some category-products (seems silly but okay).

I noticed if I add all-products under the parent into the parent menu this really bogs it down.

I don't even really need to populate it, but it navigates when zero (0) products are loaded and says "Product not found" (same in mobile menu version..)

xocigars

xocigars

fyi.. Cutting down product-categories from 50,000 rows to 8184  - no (high-level menu) category-parent products loaded into vm_product_categories ,
shaved it to a 9-second load ...for every page.. getting there?! :)

Milbo

I am sorry. You use an odd number 3.0.9,.. .unsecure one,... and so on.

"- no (high-level menu) category-parent products loaded into vm_product_categories "
I am not able to translate this. What the heck do you mean?

"shaved it to a 9-second load"
From? to, where? what? I can shave a beard. hmmm

"I suppose I could remove some category-products (seems silly but okay).
Categories controll a lot in vm, taxes, browseable and such things. I fear I do not understand what you mean, it could have side effects

"would you recommend upgrading to Joomla 3.6.5. "
Your pages is quite likely so slow, because it got already hacked. Any unpatched version older than j3.6.5 is hackable for any 16 year old without any tool.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xocigars

e.g.

Size(10)
  |_ Small(5)
  |_ Medium(3)
  |_ Large(2)

Size(0)
  |_ Small(5)
  |_ Medium(3)
  |_ Large(2)

..is faster, takes 9 seconds for every page to load down from 12 (shaved 3 seconds off)

but now, if Users click the high-level Size (parent menu/category), which is still clickable when 0 products (seems silly), it returns, of course, "No result" (no products found) but it is faster.

I was simply trying to convey just a little more info in hope to resolve this - sorry for my cryptic sentences above.
Just saying removing products from vm_product_categories for the (high-level) parent category e.g. Size improves perfromance. I just don't get it. If it is indexed which it is..why so much slower for additional categories and/or parent categories?

I will try upgrading joomla to 3.6.5 today

thanks,
Steve

xocigars

fyi..my site isn't live in terms of still has a login screen (and administrator lock extension), I am trying to go-live but it is too slow.

Ghost

Quote from: xocigars on March 23, 2017, 19:26:53 PM
Here is the console before the crash (attached .jpg)...db looks fine..

thx - Steve
You need to check this information on the slow page, not on random admin page.