News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error in installation 3.2.0

Started by roeroelectric, March 20, 2017, 22:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roeroelectric

Hello to all.
When I install the update to version 3.2.0 appears the following error message
Column length too big for column 'cat_params' (max = 16383); use BLOB or TEXT instead SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__virtuemart_categories` ADD `cat_params` varchar(17000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `hits`
Marcello Role

reggaebkk

Hi, I think we're having the same problem, when I update Virtuemart 3.0.18 to 3.2.0, I get error messages as well as notice that say that some updates were not possible.
Strangely I don't find many threads that are related, did I miss something?

PS. sorry I didn't copy the exact error messages here because I've already reinstalled my website from backup, if necessary please ask me for error messages and I'll do the whole process again.

jenkinhill

@reggaebkk are you using the suto-updater or installing the components manually using Joomla's extensions manager? (I never use the auto-updater)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

reggaebkk

I'm using the Joomla updater.
I just went through again:
The Admin Component updates fine it seems, but when I try to update plugins and modules I get this:
Error
Invalid extension update
Notice
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.

jenkinhill

There is a date mismatch using the Joomla auto-updater. Install the aio component using the Install option rather than the Update option in Joomla's Extensions Manager.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123808.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

reggaebkk

roeroelectric

I have the same error also in manual update of the virtuemart component, not with AIO
Marcello Role