News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

JCC

Started by panskal, March 16, 2017, 16:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panskal

Hi everybody

I am about to start a VM-Joomla (2.6.22,2.5.28 respectively) eshop. I must use the Cypriot card processing company JCC for my VISA needs. I have two questions:
   a) Does anybody know any plugin that works with JCC?
   b) Is there a generic plugin for this job? As generic I mean a plugin that can be parameterized to operate with several banks and/or payment processors for VISA payments? Or are the API's of each bank so different to each other as to make such a thing impossible?

Thanks
Panagiotis

jenkinhill

Why start a shop with Joomla & VirtueMart versions that are well out of date? You should start with current versions for support and security reasons.  Current versions are Joomla 3.6.5 (with 3.7 very soon to be released) and VirtueMart 3.2 is extremely close to being released.

There is a JCC plugin listed for VM2, which could be updated to work with VM3.  http://www.webit.bz/virtuemart-jcc-payment-systems-p-168.html?lng=en
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

panskal

Thanx. Start is a bit of a misnomer. I mean start as in start operating. I inherited the thing, so I have to work with what is available and upgrade latter

jenkinhill

Quote from: panskal on March 18, 2017, 19:40:14 PM
Start is a bit of a misnomer. I mean start as in start operating. I inherited the thing

Then make sure that the very important security patches have been applied to your Joomla 2.5.28 - without these you could well be providing a great opportunity for hackers.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum