News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla 3.7 readiness

Started by dimi2013, March 15, 2017, 09:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimi2013

To all the good folks who are working on VM, first of all, thank you very much for your hard work. Joomla 3.7 is just around the corner and I was wondering if VM will be compatible with it or will the new version not affect VM? I've been looking at the dev page and the repository and didn't notice anything mentioned about it. Well, just curious.

Thanks again,
Dimitrios

jenkinhill

Difficult to test properly as the Joomla people are still playing with the router:

New Router - We are currently facing some issues with the new router if enabled on some production sites. We are working to fix them in order to provide the quality expected by our users. As such, we are unable to guarantee the inclusion of this feature in the 3.7 release at this time. Please rest assured that we are working hard to ensure it will be available as soon as possible.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dimi2013

Thanks for the reply, Kelvyn. Would you recommend to just wait and not update to 3.7 till things have been ironed out? I'm thinking this is the way to go.

Dimitrios

jenkinhill

Usually I wait for 3-4 weeks after a new major Joomla release, and if the bug list is acceptable I may update. Some people always wait for the first update after a major release before changing (eg 3.6.1).

Doesn't stop me testing with it, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dimi2013

mclernons

Just setup a local install and throw virtuemart onto it and see how you go.  Then demo a copy of your live site and wait a few weeks for bugs to be ironed out.

dimi2013

Yeah, that's a good idea, mclernons, and what I usually do. It's just that the current versions are running so smoothly and I haven't had a single issue (knock on wood), that I get paranoid when thinking about messing with it. I will, of course, but in due time. It doesn't appear 3.7 is a security update so that's good.

Jumbo!

I am testing VirtueMart 3.2.0 on Joomla! 3.7.0-beta3 + PHP7.0.4. So far it works great. There are some minor aesthetic issues due to the recent changes in design in Joomla! Admin which can be ignored.