News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Billing Information no States are displayed - error

Started by dalewyngaard, March 14, 2017, 13:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslove

Hi panoss,

Can you please share some information about your setup, e.g. as per my post above?

Best regards,
Alex

panoss

Hi dslove. My setup is:
-Joomla 3.8.0
-Virtuemart 3.2.4
-Template protostar with some overrides (I disabled overrides, to see if this is the problem, renaming my folder from: \templates\protostar\html\com_virtuemart  to: \templates\protostar\html\com_virtuemart_disabled, but no success)

Virtuemart 3.2.4 on Joomla! 3.8.0

dslove

Did you try a) disabling website cache and b) emptying browser cache after disabling overrides?

dslove

Also, since disabling "Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE" didn't make a difference, I recommend reactivating this setting.

jjk

Quote from: panoss on January 06, 2018, 13:23:50 PM
Any suggestion?
1. Did you search for your issue in the forum? There are several possible reasons, which might have been answered already in the past.
2. Update Joomla and VM.
3. Check/update your overrides.
4. Uncheck the 'required' option of virtuemart_state_id in the Shopper Field list.
5. Are the states of your country published? Normally you need those only if the state/province/region is mandatory in the postal address, like in the USA for example.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

panoss

Quote from: dslove on January 06, 2018, 19:40:31 PM
Did you try a) disabling website cache and b) emptying browser cache after disabling overrides?
1. I renamed folder to: com_virtuemart_disabled
2. In Joomla 's backend: System->Clear Cache->Delete All
3. I emptied browser 's cache.
4. Reactivated "Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE".
5. I tried a few countries in Shopper Information ->Bill to Information -> Country, but nothing,
The list 'State / Province / Region' remains empty.

Quote from: jjk on January 06, 2018, 20:13:31 PM
1. Did you search for your issue in the forum? There are several possible reasons, which might have been answered already in the past.
2. Update Joomla and VM.
3. Check/update your overrides.
4. Uncheck the 'required' option of virtuemart_state_id in the Shopper Field list.
5. Are the states of your country published? Normally you need those only if the state/province/region is mandatory in the postal address, like in the USA for example.

I did search in the forum and I think I tried some of the things suggested in other topics (I m not quite sure as I tried quite a few things).

I don't want to update for the case that something might go wrong (very often updates cause a lot of new problems) and my site is HUGE and my database is HUGE, too many products with too many photos. It will take me LOOOOOONG time to backup and update.

I unchecked the 'required' option of virtuemart_state_id in the Shopper Field list but nothing.

Quote from: jjk on January 06, 2018, 20:13:31 PM
How shall I check this?

jjk

Quote from: panoss on January 07, 2018, 14:06:51 PM
How shall I check this?
Have a look at 'Configuration' > 'Countries' > 'Your Country' > 'States'.

panoss

I checked it out, all states of my country are published.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

Also, which state selection do you mean, 'Shopper Information' in the front-end BillTo form or back-end 'Shop' > 'Shopper Information' tab or both? Just asking because you mentioned using the protostar (front-end) template earlier.

panoss

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 07, 2018, 18:39:48 PM
What is the URL?
/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop

Quote from: jjk on January 07, 2018, 19:21:57 PM
Also, which state selection do you mean, 'Shopper Information' in the front-end BillTo form or back-end 'Shop' > 'Shopper Information' tab or both? Just asking because you mentioned using the protostar (front-end) template earlier.
I meant in the backend, SHOP->Shop->Shopper Information->Bill To Information->Country.

(to avoid confusions: Template for front end: protostar. Template for back end: isis)