News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Billing Information no States are displayed - error

Started by dalewyngaard, March 14, 2017, 13:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalewyngaard

Hi Forum,

VirtueMart 3.0.14 Joomla! 3.5.1

I have read through the forums and nothing that I have come across seems to be working for me?

I have an OPC, and the Billing info just won't display the States once the country is selected.

All countries have states listed on the backend. The shipping address shows the states but the billing address does not display the states.

I have tried toggling the Ajax OPC, as other forums have suggested but that does not work. I have tried updating the plugins as well, but I keep getting an error message.

Link to the website below:
http://www.swissbody-pilates-academy.com/

This is the error message I keep receiving:
Missing value for State / Province / Region

I have no idea what else to do, and my client is losing sales the longer this continues.

Please assist if you can.

Kind regards,
Dale

jenkinhill

Quote from: dalewyngaard on March 14, 2017, 13:14:19 PM
VirtueMart 3.0.14 Joomla! 3.5.1

Did you miss the vital security releases?
https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5678-joomla-3-6-4-released.html
https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5693-joomla-3-6-5-released.html
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Updating your VM version to current may solve your issue. It will not be long before VM3.0.20 is released.  Test all updates on a backup copy of the live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dalewyngaard

Hi Jenkin,

Thanks for your reply, so once I update my Joomla version, then I will be able to update my VM version?

Will updating my Joomla version affect any of my templates/layouts?

Kind regards,
Dale

jenkinhill

Update Joomla first - that is critical! You should also check if your site has already been hacked, for example look for new unknown admins registered on the site.

Normally updating Joomla will not break a template, but updating VM may do so, which is why you should never update a live site withour first testing on a backup. With the very latest release some commercial templates may need editing, most of the issues are listed in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136826.msg478498#msg478498
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dalewyngaard

Hi Jenkinhill,

Just to add to my previous post, I have updated Joomla and Virtuemart successfully, but I still do not see the States appear under the Billing Information.
http://swissbody-pilates-academy.com/en/cart.html

What else could it possibly be? Or is there a new option to turn it on since the update?

Please assist if you can.

Kind regards,
Dale

dalewyngaard

Hi Forum,

Please help, I have no idea what else to do to fix this error on my Billing Information: Missing value for State / Province / Region.

I have updated Joomla and I have updated Virtuemart, but the Shipping information still only shows the State / Province / Region.

How do I fix the Billing Information to display State / Province / Region.

My Countries have States in the administrator backend, I just don't know what I'm missing.

I have seen the other forums talking about a JS conflict, but I can't seem to find what script I need to add to try the no conflict.

Please help, the client is currently losing sales.

Kind regards,
Dale

jenkinhill

It appears to be a problem with your template override. If I force that page to use the default VM templates then the Sataes field is displyed.

See http://swissbody-pilates-academy.com/en/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT.html?Itemid=282?tmpl=component&template=protostar
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

dalewyngaard

Hi Jenkinhill,

Thanks for your response once again, I see what you mean yes, I have changed templates and I see the error my side as well.

How could I override it though? I only use one template, and it was an updated version of Protostar, so it should be working.

What should I override to fix it?

Kind regards,
Dale

dalewyngaard

Hi Jenkenhill,

Please find attached, the template of my website.

I've removed some of the head tag content and then I sort of see the States field but then it does not function as it should.

Please let me know if you can assist.

Kind regards,
Dale

jenkinhill

Look for template/joomlatemplate/html/com_virtuemart/ and if present rename it so that you use only VM default templates.

I just checked and the code to display the state field is present in your own template display, but not showing - so check your css, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

dalewyngaard

Hi Jenkenhill,

Solved!

Thank you so much, it was used by another class to display none for another form!!!

Sorry for all your trouble, I really appreciate your hard working ethic.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Dale

dslove

Hi, maybe this comes a little late but it happened to me & I'd like to share how I solved this.

Setup:

• Joomla 3.7.3
  • VM 3.2.2
  • Full custom BS3 template with overrides for pretty much every VM page
  • Several extensions and plugins using AJAX & jQuery (e.g K2, product filters, AJAX search a.o.).
  • jQuery Easy plugin

Tried different stuff, nothing really helped. This seemed to do the trick though: Inside "Configuration", I deactivated the "Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE" setting (please see attached file).

Hope this helps :)

joebird10

After all the work with the store, a known error related to populating the state code, which is key to sales tax calculation with the product partner avatax,  has me stumped, and completely unable to finish testing a site that is 99% complete. 

dslove

Hi Joe,

Can you give us more info on your issue? Joomla - VM versions? Template? Custom overrides?
Did you try changing the setting I suggested above?

panoss

I have the same problem:
- I choose country (at Shop->Shopper Information) from the drop down list
- but the list 'State / Province / Region' remains empty, while it should be populated by States, Provinces or Regions.
- In Firebug's output (console) I get: 'empty string passed at getElementById().'
I tried the above mentioned solution ( I deactivated the "Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE" setting) but it's not working.

So I can't save the Shopper 's Informations!

Any suggestion?
Virtuemart 3.2.4 on Joomla! 3.8.0