News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multi-variant attributes not displayed

Started by annekm, March 13, 2017, 14:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annekm

Hi,

I am using Virtuemart 3.0.18 with Joomla 3.6.5.

I am using the Multi-Variant custom fields for all my products. I have attached a screenshot of the parent product and Multi-variant custom field config.

My issue is that wherever the Product name is displayed, I would like to like the product attributes to be specified. I did some debugging and found out that the following piece of code is responsible for displaying the product attributes.

<?php
if(!class_exists('VirtueMartModelCustomfields'))require(VMPATH_ADMIN '/models/customfields.php');
$product_attribute VirtueMartModelCustomfields::CustomsFieldOrderDisplay($item'FE');
echo 
$product_attribute;
?>

But the product attributes are not displayed anywhere for me. The "if(!class_exists('VirtueMartModelCustomfields'))" returns False.

Can someone tell me what needs to be done to display these attributes? I am not sure if I am missing out any config parameters? I require these urgently as my client requires that the attributes be sent to the vendor as the attributes are requisite for shipping the right variant.

Please help.

Thanks,
Anu

Studio 42

Do you have try VM 3.0.18.6 or beta release on a copy of your website ?

annekm

I have VM 3.0.18. Can you give me the link to download the Beta version?

Studio 42

Here you can download it http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
3.0.18.6 is the most stable for me else Beta 3.0.19.8, if it not solve your problem, but beta need in some case to modify VM template and settings.

annekm

Hi Studio 42,

I updated the Viruemart version but that didnt seem to have any effect.

After some trial and error, I changed the config in my Virtuemart Multi-varaint custom field.
I set the Cart Input, Searchable to No and Use canonical link of the parent to Yes.

This seemed to work and I was able to view the attributes, though I didn't clearly understand the function of these config parameters.

Thanks for your response.