News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Choose variant doesn't refresh page-cart inactive

Started by positronio, March 11, 2017, 19:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

positronio

Hello, I have paid for membership and I have the site  havaianas.com.gr. I use the latest joomla and virtuemart versions. I have noticed that on safari and chrome on iPhone and I pad when I choose a variant then the cart stays inactive and it's working only when manually refresh the page. In desktop and laptop everything works as expected. Thank you in advance.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

positronio

positronio

I uploaded the package and all my shop on the front end was disappeared. First time an update is doing this. It's very annoying  and I can't imagine a worst scenario to crash after an update an active online selling shop. This prevents users from updating virtuemart. Please help.

jenkinhill

Well, nobody should ever update a live site with a new Joomla or extension. It is said over and over again, test first on a backup copy of the live site.

The link you were given is to the latest test version, a release candidate for the next stable version, VM 3.0.20. In that version the problems with Apple systems has been fixed. There are also various menu and configuration changes which may need checking, and some commercial templates may need updating, eg see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136826.msg478498
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

positronio

Ok I understand but this update is completely incompatible with the 3.0.18 version.i have changed the template to protostar and I have disabled cleanmart virtuemart template.but still the shop in the front end doesn't show up. Where is the compatibility problem?

jenkinhill

No it is an update to version VM3.0.18 which also happens to contain some extra configuration options and minor layout changes. Those who use VM default templates won't have any layout issues, but come commercial templates may need minor updating.  It is a relatively simple update for most users.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

positronio

Ok for me why it doesn't work. I need someone to help me. As I have written I have disabled all extra templates.

positronio

i have made a new installation in local wamp server and then i uploaded the site on my host server. The home page is ok but when i click to a product i get in chrome browser redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECT
Please help.

Milbo

Sounds like a problem with your redirect component or another SEF component.
In general your problem is easy to solve, I think. You just need to change your menu item, which uses assumingly the "Frontpage", to "category". If you still have problems, then disable the layout overrides (is just renaming a folder), when it works then, enable the layout overrides one by one and find the culprit override.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

positronio

Hello i'm a member in virtuemart. I have updated to virtuemart 3.0.19.8 and the problem with page when using a variant from the drop down menu was fixed.
Now the problem is that when using the modal pop up (which now i have it disabled) I choose a variant, i add to cart, and when the modal pops up i choose show cart. Then the cart says that is empty. When I do the same process again the modal pop up works. When I clear the cache of the browser  and try again to buy something the modal pop up doesn't work and says cart is emty.. When i disable the modal pop up the same process works just fine.

please help because of this i have updated to the latest virtuemart and then i downgraded to the version 3.0.19.8 because updating seems to be scary.