News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Color display inside product category ( with children products )

Started by ereallstaff, March 11, 2017, 14:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

Hello i wish to have a parent product of a tee shirt, plus colors and size including stock control and the chance to have a gtin for each combination color + size .

But I want the frontend user t be able to display each single color as a product inside category page  ( so in category page, one product for yellow, one for red and so on )

With MultiVariant plugin systems creates a children product for each combination color + size , so in category I will have one product for each combination ( Red s , Red M , Yellow M and so on ) .

is there any way to achieve What I need ? I can set a generic child variant for each color and then use MultiVariant only to control sizes / Quantity?

Actually seems I am not achieving this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Studio 42

Have you try to add categories for the child to display as standard product in categories ?
In this case you cann see this in categories, but i'm not sure that you can use multi-variant in this case

ereallstaff

Multivariant creates one product for each color + size. having categories on children means display all color + size like a single product.

I don't know why my case isn't been considered, I think it's a common task.   A custom field with stock control is uncomprehensible missing in virtuemart 3 , as with that I could just generate children and control size stock for children.

Obviously I can active unactive sizes with no problem, but it's not really the best

thank you for your reply
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Studio 42

Add categories in each children, then you see children in this categories.
In Vm you have the choice to display or not children in any categories and not using same as parent product.
If this is to long to do, you can buy my tool here http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm to batch add categories to child

ereallstaff

:-\ :-\

As answered already I don't want each size to be displayed

Studio 42

I think that using generic child variant, is the solution.
Set a parent as a model (unpublish it)
Add new child eg.
Red
Green
And add categories for each.

Add in each f this product a generic child variant for the size eg. for Red.
-Red S
-Red M

ereallstaff

that won't have stock control and gtin for each size

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 14, 2017, 13:01:04 PM
I think that using generic child variant, is the solution.
Set a parent as a model (unpublish it)
Add new child eg.
Red
Green
And add categories for each.

Add in each f this product a generic child variant for the size eg. for Red.
-Red S
-Red M

Studio 42

Quote from: ereallstaff on March 17, 2017, 12:39:26 PM
that won't have stock control and gtin for each size
Why ? this use 1 child per SKU so 1 stock, i think you don't have understand

ereallstaff

Why ? this use 1 child per SKU so 1 stock, i think you don't have understand
[/quote]

This use 1 child per SKU ( color ) + size  if you want stock control, having all size listed in category

That's really bad

Studio 42

If you only want color in the category then add only category to this product.
The size is then a "standard" child as before and you use generic child variant for size option.
So you have in this case only color in category view.