News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Category Layout Children Hide

Started by jimv, March 10, 2017, 15:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Hello,

What i want to do is hide children products from category layout pages. ex I have a product which has a variant size "M" and has a child with size "L". The thing is that in category Layout it displays both parent and child which is not preferable. Is there a documentation on how to handle this, or do i need to tweak code? I have tried searching in web and forum but with no luck. Thanks in advance for your time.

Joomla 3.6.5
Virtuemart 3.0.18

lindapowers

jimv

I have seen that post the thing is that the files have been changed at some point so i cant apply that to my current installation. Is there any chance that i am doing something wrong with the setup of product and it's child? I mean is virtuemart suposed to show both parents and childs in category layout menu? Anyone have any suggestion that could help?

lindapowers

What happens if you change the custom field position of the generic child from default or addtocart to ontop?

I believe addtocart or default is the only one that shows on category view.

Also what if you set stock 0 and click the setting "hide out of stock products"?

Have not tested just wondering

jimv

I tried change the position but the child products still appear in category layout menu.

Jörgen

Hello

If You have assigned a category to the Child, it will appear. Clear the field.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.