News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Not getting invoice date in email

Started by petriczech, April 08, 2017, 18:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petriczech

Hi,

I cannot figure out why I'm getting things like "p_vCcGkcL3" instead of invoice creation date in email when I order something. Can you please help me?
I tried override DATE_FORMAT_LC4 with d.m.y but nothing changed.

Virtuemart 3.0.1.8
Joomla 3.6.5

Thank you

Jörgen

p_vCcGkcL3 is the "secret key" used to access Your order/invoice. You have to give more details than this. Why are You looking at the secret key ? What does the PDF invoice look like ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

petriczech

Thank you for reply!

The mail "invoice" looks normal. Below the "Order creation date" is that "secret key" instead of actual date. I didn't modified the code in any means. What other info I could provide to you?

Jörgen

Are You using overrides ? Test with Protostar.
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

petriczech

I tried to use protostar template. It didn't help. Worth to mention is that I'm using VP OnePageCheckout and we are running on PHP 7.1

Jörgen

Then You have to show us how it looks. I do not think anyone else has this issue.
Are You maybe inserting some knd of corrupt HTML in the language constant that breaks the layout ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreastiv Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

petriczech

Somebody else acutally had the same problem but didn't get answer at all.

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=129914.0

Mine is in Slovakian language but it looks totaly same otherwise.

Jörgen

Hello

This is not what You asked for, You said it was wrongly displayed. You have to add the date Yourself, it is not shown per default. Display the invoice object with debug and You will see what You must display to show the date. Make an override.
regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

petriczech

But according to the topic above. Why it's shown in PDF invoice and not in the email?

Virtuemart's default code looks like this. Shouldn't it display date? I have to override the code to display the date in invoice?
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<?php if ($this->invoiceNumber) { ?>
    <tr>
<td class=""><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_DATE'?></td>
<td align="left"><?php echo vmJsApi::date($this->invoiceDate'LC4'true); ?></td>

Jörgen

Invoice ?

Please show us what You mean, the INVOICE has the date correctly displayed. Look closely at the thread You are referring to. Your info is a bit confusing.

What are You referring to ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

petriczech

Email version of the Invoice. Simply the mail you get when you order something.

jenkinhill

So you confuse an invoice with an order confirmation email. The actual invoice does show an "invoice date", but in many stores this would not be the same date as the order confirmation. Many stores do not invoice the customer until the ordered goods have been shipped, so the invoice would then show a later date than any date shown in the original email. The actual date of the email provides the date the order was originally placed, to include an invoice date in that mail would be, in many case, incorrect.

You could edit & override one of the email template files to include the advice "order date same as email" as I have seen with many stores. Or you can edit & override mail_html_shopper.php to include an actual order date if that suits you better.  But those are template issues, not dev/bug report related.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum