News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Order edit backend fields

Started by lindapowers, March 08, 2017, 08:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jörgen

Hello

I can confirm some odd behaviour on 3.2.15 if you click calculate and use custom fields, otherwise it looks ok (unchanged).
I loose both VAT and extra cost from custom field. (Both VAT and custom field clearly show ZERO)

But in your case there is something wrong in another way, You seem to see the VAT, mine is ZERO, using multi variant products, with extra custom fields.

Do this product use custom fields to calculate the total cost ?
How Do You specify VAT, I use calculation rule and default rule

If I use a "normal" product without multi variant och children, I get some similar results. VAT = 0 after save and calculate ticked.
Mixing this with a discount results in even more unpredictable prices. VM 3.2.15

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Robert_ITMan

Jörgen - thanks for confiming this issue!
Quote from: Jörgen on August 02, 2018, 10:08:35 AM
Do this product use custom fields to calculate the total cost ?
How Do You specify VAT, I use calculation rule and default rule
Yes - I use custom fields, but I don't see how that affects this issue as the product totals and order subtotal are OK
I use Tax per Bill on all but one site which I am now using 'Tax per product' as that is the only way I can allow certain products to be tax exempt (I do not use VAT)
Tax is +%
I also have calc rules for certain shopper groups, for example shopper group '2 products' receives 10% discount
? I do not see any setting for default (maybe because I only have one tax) ?

Quote from: AH on August 02, 2018, 09:40:20 AM
setup a test environment on your current version - then update that to 3.2.15 and test your use cases.

I did that, you missed my note above:
Quote from: Robert_ITMan on August 01, 2018, 23:27:40 PM
confirm the issue is the same for me in VM 3.2.12 and 3.2.14 and 3.2.15(9877)

My test site is using VM 3.2.15 on Joomla! 3.8.11 PHP 7.1.2 MySQL 5.5.5
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

Quote"If I use a "normal" product without multi variant och children, I get some similar results. VAT = 0 after save and calculate ticked.
Mixing this with a discount results in even more unpredictable prices. VM 3.2.15"

When you change an order in admin - it does not function like adding a product to an order in FE

DO NOT expect this edit feature to do all the calculations for you based on every variant or discount or shoppergroup pricing etc etc

It works only with the value you give it - it does not uplift or modify this value.  If you want to calculate everything then you have to do this and enter all the values yourself and lave "calculate" unchecked,

1. Clear out every product price field except the one you are going to enter
2. Fill either the base price (net) OR the tax inclusive price
3. Ensure calculate is "checked" on order total and line item
4. Save

This works in my testing
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

I did not change anything all values filled in at purchase, I just ticked calculate. Then I do not expect any already filled in values to recalculate. I know by experience that this works in mysterious ways, but You gave advice to have these ticked. I tested and failed.

I will check this more thoroughly when I get the chance. The purpose of the calculate check box is beyond me if it doesn´t use the parameters You say.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

QuoteThe purpose of the calculate check box is beyond me if it doesn´t use the parameters You say.

The purpose of the calculate box is to calculate the pricing elements that have not been entered

If you dont change any prices then there should be nothing to worry about

However - if you change a price and don't hit calculate - you had better get all the other prices for that order line to be correct - rubbish in rubbish out  By not hitting calcualte - you are telling VM that the values in those fields are correct - and VM will use them regardless

As I said earlier

To change a price:-

1. Clear out every product price field except the one you are going to enter
2. Fill either the base price (net) OR the tax inclusive price (base - net - OR gross)
3. Ensure calculate is "checked" on order total and line item
4. Save

This is working perfectly for at least 2 live businesses that often change orders in admin edt

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

It works in any direction. You can also set an end price and leave the baseprice free.

you can also set the tax to 0.0 and you get a new result without tax. When you leave the final price, you get a new final price, when you leave the baseprice, you get a new baseprice.

and so on. It calculates always what is not entered. and it is a difference, if you enter nothing or 0.0! For example a product was with discount, should have no discount, set 0.0 for the discount and empty one price either final or base price. It will then also change the tax, imho.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: Milbo on August 07, 2018, 20:23:43 PM
It works in any direction. You can also set an end price and leave the baseprice free.

We are telling you this does not work as you describe - please investigate and let me know if I can help in any way. I have given you access to my test site so you can login and see for yourself.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

No one can help with this?

Updating an order is a basic need - why does this not work?

Maybe this is related - I opened a new ticket / bug report: VirtueMart 3 product select 'apply no rule' does not work: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=141123.msg496647#msg496647

Again taxes not calculating correctly... how frustrating!
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

Please Help! Happy to pay for support. I have a test site (copy of live site) - I have wasted many hours trying to fix myself with no success. I am wasting even more time manually updating the database directly so the order totals are correct when making changes.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

GJC Web Design

you can email with a complete description and how to see the problem and I can have a quick look

have never tried editing orders
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers [url="https://www.gjcwebdesign.com"]https://www.gjcwebdesign.com[/url]
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
[url="https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210"]https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210[/url]
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

Same here - let me see some examples

In addition - I hope you are not trying to bother with this on 3.2.12  as all my testing and live work is on 3.2.15

It should be very much the same on 3.4
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Thanks to AH, I see now what the issue is. Only VatTax (VAT tax per product) works when updating an order – the other options TaxBill (Tax per order) and Tax (Tax per product) will not calculate the taxes when updating an order. Even with suggested work around to instead use VatTax ... that only works for new orders received.

I need a solution that works for the orders I have in the system now... and so will all the other VM users not using VatTax (VAT tax per product) who want to update an order.

Unfortunately this needs fixing in the VM core - and seeing as I'm the only one asking for it to be fixed it is not a priority and might not be fixed anytime soon ...

So if you ever want to update an order and realize the totals did not add up correctly then let us know by replying here.

FYI - Notice even when not selecting the calculate boxes the taxes still need to be updated manually in the database directly as they are zeroed out when saving order item changes... depending on which tax was used when the order was created need to either update (1) TaxBill (Tax per order): both #__virtuemart_orders and #__virtuemart_order_calc_rules or (2) Tax (Tax per product): both #__virtuemart_orders and #__virtuemart_order_items
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Milbo

Hmm, I noticed myself another problem, when I want to change the tax of a product, better said, add a tax. The problem is that vm notices the used taxes and uses them for the recalculation. But maybe this problem is connected with your tax per invoice problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

Robert_ITMan

See new ticket under dev & bug reports: 'Only VatTax (VAT tax per product) works when updating an order': http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=141225.0 
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com