News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Prefixed Custom fields with various options?

Started by cleverbargain, March 02, 2017, 15:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleverbargain

Hello, is it possible and is there a tutorial to do the below?

I'm trying to create a custom field with fixed options that I will assign once in the Custom-fields area and then just insert the whole set under each product.

For example I want all my products to always have a dropdown selection of the below options:

Size Small: +1.00euro
Size Medium: +2.00euros
Size Large: +3.00euros

So at the moment I'm opening each product in Virtuemart, add a custom field called 'SIZE' and then I enter the title 'Size Small' and the price +1.00 , then I have to click the custom field 'SIZE' again to open a new input box and I enter the title 'Size Medium' and the price +2.00 and so forth.

It would be great if I could just select a custom field once (from the product within Virtuemart) and automatically insert all 3 options with their pre-fixed prices.

I hope this is clear and if there is a solution it would save me a lot of time
Thx

AH

NOTE: If you want stock control for these separate item - the plugin PRO mentions is not for you :-)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

You can use vm be pro to batch process this for all needed products. See shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm
Another solution is what i do for some customers that need a specific plugin with same values and options for all.
You write a specific plugin and get the value from declared global values and not from product. So each declared plugin variation, use always same options in all the products.

aftertaf

couldn't you create a basic product that has these custom fields added, then make ALL of your products children of this one ?

Studio 42

I think that i have not understand exactly, my solution was to never have any option in product so this are always set for all produc even if you need to update the options.
So if you only need to preset but override it then AH plugin is what you need.

cleverbargain

I rushed to a conclusion :( but I'm afraid this plugin only solves 50% of what I need to solve.

This plugin helps me insert a set of Options for the Product (i.e. Size Small, Medium, Large) and assign how much to add on the base price (i.e. Small +1, Medium+2,Large+3)

However, I want to be able to change the numbers +1,+2,+3 ONCE from the Custom Field and automatically update them under all Products.

So i'm looking to have something like a 'Master Custom Field' that will allow me to control the prices from 1 location which will then be applied to all products automatically.

I hope I'm clear to what I'm trying to achieve..

cleverbargain

Anyone?

I still can't figure how to control the prices of Custom-fields from 1 location. I have over 350products that will share the same Custom fields and I would like to be able to change the price of these custom fields from 1 location.

Studio 42

If you need to drive all from one place and change this from one place, then you need to do your own custom field plugin.
Standard product custom field logic is to have a default value, but this is saved for each product.
Only with a plugin you can set this from 1 location, no one can explain you how to set this from one location in VM because by default it not work.