News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category URL redirects wrong language on multilingual site

Started by kemal, February 28, 2017, 15:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kemal

Hi,

I have 4 languages installed on my joomla environment along with virtuemart.
I have defined seo urls for each language on virtuemart for both products and categories.

It displays correct translation but wrong url.

When i display product in Turkish (or any other language for that matter) there is no problem on translations. However when i click on category urls to display product it redirects to english url. This happens on category module and shopfront also.

You can check url in order to understand the matter.
https://www.birpet.net/tr/urunler/defne-jar-5000-tr-detail

Above url is for a Turkish url for a product. As you can see there is a module on right hand side which displays categories (Module name: Ürün Grupları)
When you click an url from that module (by the way trasnlation is correct) it redirect to English category page and everything becomes english. And this is my problem

This is first time i use Virtuemart, i have managed to set up everything easly but i am sure i am missing something about it.
Your precious help will be much appreciated.

Info about environment;
VirtueMart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 7.0.10
Flex Theme

(each language has it`s on theme)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kemal

Thank you for reminding.
Info about environment;
VirtueMart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 7.0.10
Flex Theme

kemal

I have just figured that this is a template related issue. I will be waiting for any help though.

kemal

Any help or suggestion? Not even a single one? Seriously?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kemal

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 01, 2017, 12:23:08 PM
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0

None of them applies to my question. Thank you though i do not get lonely because of your your messages. They do not make any statements or sometimes i think of you as a reply bot, it is fun to have replies.

stawebnice

jenkinhill

Quote from: kemal on March 01, 2017, 13:09:43 PM
None of them applies to my question.

You have not allowed enough time for people to reply. Someone who maybe knows the answer to your might only visit the forum once every few days or so.....  You said that you have "figured that this is a template related issue" but not said how you made that conclusion.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

kemal

Quote from: stawebnice on March 01, 2017, 13:37:16 PM
Do you use JoomSEF or another SEF component?

I use Joomla SEF and Virtuemart Seo option enabled, there is no other SEF component.

fotonio

In order to be able to switch from product category to its equivalent in another languages you have to create menus (hidden or visible) for each category and associate with other languages. For example for 4 languages you have to create 4 menus for each product category.
This will work for your category-to-category language switch but not for product-to-product because the virtuemart native possibilities does not support it.
If you want to have product-to-product labguage switching, you have to use a third party extension.

agps

Quote from: kemal on February 28, 2017, 15:27:48 PM
Hi,

I have 4 languages installed on my joomla environment along with virtuemart.
I have defined seo urls for each language on virtuemart for both products and categories.

It displays correct translation but wrong url.

When i display product in Turkish (or any other language for that matter) there is no problem on translations. However when i click on category urls to display product it redirects to english url. This happens on category module and shopfront also.

You can check url in order to understand the matter.
https://www.birpet.net/tr/urunler/defne-jar-5000-tr-detail

Above url is for a Turkish url for a product. As you can see there is a module on right hand side which displays categories (Module name: Ürün Grupları)
When you click an url from that module (by the way trasnlation is correct) it redirect to English category page and everything becomes english. And this is my problem

This is first time i use Virtuemart, i have managed to set up everything easly but i am sure i am missing something about it.
Your precious help will be much appreciated.

Info about environment;
VirtueMart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 7.0.10
Flex Theme

(each language has it`s on theme)

Hi,

I have the same problem. Have you find any solution?

Studio 42

You can use my language switcher https://shop.st42.fr/en/categories-tools/multi-language-for-virtuemart.htm.
Note that it do the job without needing to assign any Joomla menu items links except Virtuemart home or root category and it does not work with 3rd party SEF

Milbo

Quote from: fotonio on March 13, 2017, 17:03:29 PM
This will work for your category-to-category language switch but not for product-to-product because the virtuemart native possibilities does not support it.

Uhm, the language switcher provided with the membership version provides that!
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member