[SOLVED]Stockable Child Variant:Empty price on CSVI Product Export(VM 3.0.18.9+)

Started by Typhoon365, February 24, 2017, 14:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon365

Recently we upgraded to Virtuemart 3.0.18.9 and now the CSVI product export is producing empty prices for child products where they are stockable child variant products.

• If the child has its own price defined, its price comes out in the export okay.
  • But if price is empty on the child product in Virtuemart, the price on the export is empty. Where as previously, it would use its parents product price in this scenario.

It seems only the CSVI export affected from what we can see. Prices are displaying okay on the web pages for stockable child variants.

CSVI support team has looked into this issue. They advised the export works okay on 3.0.18 but on VM development versions 3.0.18.9 and latest 3.0.19.6 they are seeing empty prices on the child variant products.

Has there been a change in the Virtuemart core in a release post 3.0.18 that might be related to this issue ?

Software versions :

• CSVI Pro Version: 7.0.2
  • Joomla! version: 3.6.5
  • PHP version: 5.5.29
  • Virtuemart version: 3.0.18.9 (CSVI support team also tested with VM 3.0.19.6)

lindapowers

Hi

We had an issue with prices in CSVIpro related to childs with parent without price set, check the following post cause there is a patch it may be related to your issue since it happened with "salesprice" CSVIpro field too:

https://csvimproved.com/forum?view=topic&defaultmenu=1054&catid=44&id=33617&limitstart=0

The problem here is mainly that neither you or me should be using VM beta versions in live sites since 3rd party developers only work with the latest stable VM release and this is becoming a problem since shopowners like us may require latest beta's of VM due to new functions or fixes but may run in to problems with other software.

VM releases are taking long, they are beeing really well tested with many daily fixes by the team but the downside is that most 3rd party developers will tell us "it works in stable 3.0.18 and we don't work with betas".

In a perfect world CSVIpro and the rest of developers should be checking the code changes in VM and updating their software prior VM release.

I know very few developers that work this way, maybe Stan from Rupostel and Reinhold from Open-Tools, thats why their software simply works 99% of the time.

Anyway, stories aside I hope someone helps you solve the issue cause what I understood from the similar problem we had is:

"CSVI uses VM classes for calculating prices and the variable which return these prices from VM is not reset in VM code so the previous record data is used for calculating salesprice. We are forcing this reset of variable from CSVI with the patch"

Regards

Typhoon365

Tharuna from the CSVI support team has provided a patch for CSVI Pro that resolves my reported issue - https://csvimproved.com/forum?view=topic&catid=44&id=33739#53704

A big thanks to Tharuna for her quick turnaround in debugging this issue and providing a patch so quickly.

Milbo

When you go in the product list, then you see suddenly the derivated prices. and that is the reason, that I changed the normal call of the "getPrice" function. Maybe it is related to it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member