News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SOLVED: Captcha VM Registration (Seems a common problem?)

Started by keora, February 22, 2017, 12:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keora

Hi Folks!

The captcha/recaptcha is not showing on the registration form. It's showing in Joomla-Registration but not in VM-Registration: http://keora.at/index.php/dein-konto/registrierung

I contacted the provider for the template and they told me, that the configuration is correct, but the captcha is also not shown on a standard template like Protostar and therefore is not the problem of the template itself.

I am using VM 3.0.18 and Joomla 3.6.5.

I tried to search through this forum and apparently that is a common problem, but couldn't find any solutions. A lot of thread didn't even get one reply. Maybe I missed one, where there is a solution?

I got hammered by spambots that create fake accounts which is really annoying.

Does anybody have any experience and suggestions?

Thanks! :D

Best regards,
Stefan

jenkinhill

I assume you have "Use ReCaptcha for Registration" selected in VM configuration/shop?

The image is from my VM3.0.19.6 test site with default VM templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

keora

Hi Folks!

Yeah I use captcha, recaptcha, but I found a solution.

I had Version 1.0 going in the plugin and it wasn't shown. After I switched it to Version 2.0 everything's fine. It shows and works!

As long as the spambots won't bother me anymore, I am fine!

Thanks for the help!