News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Language file location to change "Use for the shipto same as billto address."

Started by Macs_Upcycling, February 16, 2017, 19:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macs_Upcycling

Hi folks,

The text on the checkout page says "Use for the shipto same as billto address." Neither shipto or billto are in the English language and as the vast majority of my customers are based in the USA, UK and Canada, I personally would prefer it if I provided words they can fully understand. If I could locate the language file that this gem is hidden in, I would very much like to update this with not only proper English words, but the whole sentence is grammatically incorrect, so this needs altering too.

I'm running Joomla 3.5.6 and Virtuemart 3.0.18.

Thanks,

Mac

Macs_Upcycling

For example, I like my proposed version: "Check this box if your shipping address is the same as your billing address."

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Macs_Upcycling

Thanks Kelvyn!

For ease of reference, this is the language file location on VM just in case anyone else needs it:

http://virtuemart.net/community/translations/core-modules-plugins-language-packs/virtuemart/en-GB. It's en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini and it can be found under /components/com_virtuemart/language/en-GB.

In any event, to avoid losing the new text I'll set up an override so that the files don't get changed via updates.

Cheers,

Mac

jenkinhill

As described in the FAQ you must use overrides. Joomla's language override facility makes the override file for you.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Macs_Upcycling

I'm with you, Kelvyn.  8)

Am I right in thinking that there are text values that aren't available in the en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini file? Is there somewhere else I can look to make the needed changes? For example, I've attached a screenshot of the heading in the cart section which are definitely in the INI file. I've been hard at it with making overrides all day long and I've run out of ideas.

Thanks again for your help.

Mac

Macs_Upcycling

loppan

Hi Mac,

Joomla has a great built in feature for this.

Go to Extensions / Language(s) / Overrides and click "New"

Search for the value of the string you want to change, for example "Bill To". Click the matches you see (I got two in my case)

Change to "Billing Address".

Keep doing this until you're happy with the results. Good luck :)