News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Best Multi Variant Bulk Editor Suggestions

Started by creatifpresence, February 16, 2017, 19:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creatifpresence

Hello,

I was looking for advice on what the best multi-variant bulk editor others use is?

I'm relatively new to this aspect of virtuemart so create multi-variant, add fields, click create child and off we go.
The problem is I need to change weight, product sizes quickly rather than going into each child product and changing it which takes forever...

I found http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm not sure if this is the best or maybe there's a better way?

Many thanks for any advice or suggestions your time and effort is appreciated.

Phil

Studio 42

Hi Phil,
I'm the developer.
i think the only limit is multi-variant and some customfield plugin, but 95% can be  managed with Vm Be Pro.
For eg. You can quickly add a category for promoted product, compare image meta tag and know in how much products it's used.
I'm on writing front-end quick edit to directly add ,change text and unpublish a product or category and get included for free with Vm Be Pro.
For child, you can directly change parent ID and you can display the products as a tree(or not) to check product dependencies.
Regards,
Patrick

creatifpresence

Thank you for your reply and time. It's for a client, so I will suggest this to them.

Kind regards

Phil

aftertaf

Hi Patrick,
Can you check and confirm if a bug exists in VM BE Pro for VM3.2.1 ?
I dont have any categories showing up in the treeview on the top left side of the screen, since i went to 3.2.x
david

Studio 42

Hi aftertaf,
I don't checked for now VM 3.2.1. If i found a bug i try to update it tomorrow.

bortolani

Hi Creatif, I've been using VM BE PRO for a while and I can guarantee you that it makes editing variants much easier and faster than standard VM tools. Highy reccomended!

Studio 42

I have no problem with categories on left. Do you updated vmbepro to 3.4?
Have you refresh your browser view ?

aftertaf

Version : 3.4.0.0
OK, found it.
Content language change to VM affects this too.
I have to admin in french to see the categories...

Side question...
Is it possible to import also this field -> [product_params]  ?
would allow setting of 'min_order_level="20"|max_order_level=""|step_order_level="5"|product_box=""|' for certain types of my products for example...

aftertaf

Issue: Error: -200, Message: HTTP Error., File: import_20170404.xlsx and with your .ods file
Are there any logs to see why?
Or can i send u my file to see why ?
But still, i get this when i download your sample .ods file and upload it without modification.

When I use your xls file it imports, but "2 - Select sheet" doesn't let me choose any sheet.
Tried with FF, Chrome, Edge.
help ! :)

Studio 42

HI aftertaf.
The sample in vm be pro, should work
Have you file permission problems?
You can always send me a mail from your order mail when you have buy Vm be Pro, i answer always(if i am not on holiday) the same day.

aftertaf

mailed the order Replied to with some files attached, cheers :)
file permission pbs?
david/@aftertaf

Studio 42

If you see nothing after upload, this is perhaps that you have no permission to create folder and file in your images subfolders ?

aftertaf

on 755 for folders, 644 for files, owner is www-data. Nothing seems weird but i could be mistaken...

With decimal as . not , it still gets stuck on 2->choose sheet. sheet name = "product", can't be chosen.
PHP7 ?

aftertaf

ok. stripped of all formatting and saved as csv does the trick :)
works for me

Question : what data exactly do i need to add to one or more categories (that exist already) ?
i tried with categ1-alias,categ2-alias but products added without a category
thanks for helping me to dumb my way thru :)