News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Enshort product url

Started by ereallstaff, February 14, 2017, 15:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

Quote from: Studio 42 on February 24, 2017, 11:43:40 AM
For the cart :
Deactivating the cache can solve your issue because if you use page cache this cache all page including cart.

I use jotcache , excluding page=shop.cart,page=checkout.index,pop=1,view=cart    .    I have also sh404sef , maybe this can cause caching? ( I had same problem before installing sh404sef

Another solution is to change Joomla cache type. Try to switch from conservative to progressive.

Joomla cache set to off to use jot

Another problem can be that your server cache the cart page, if you use .htaccess with expiration time for html/txt or by extension .php or external cache system.

this could be , but why access the cart as a blank page? could have more sense, that after adding first product , the cart page is cached and you see always one product and not more than one.

and also why this affect just a part of customers?

These are big problems about virtuemart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Studio 42

I think , it's not VIrtuemart related.
Problem is that cart need to be displayed by user and always refresh on each change. All other Joomla page can use cache without issue.
So if you use any type of cache and this cache the cart then you get problems. This can be browser cache, joomla cache or any other caching system.
Check that the expire time for cart is always set to an old date eg in your document :
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
But perhaps this should be done by Virtuemart to be sure it's not cached in the server ?

A PHP sample is
    header("Expires: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:00:00 GMT");
    header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
    header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0");
    header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
    header("Pragma: no-cache");
But need to be set Joomla way is better.
If some code developper read this post, i hink this should be in the VM core code, to be sure cart get not cached by browser.

jenkinhill

@ereallstaff

Quote from: ereallstaff on February 14, 2017, 15:55:49 PM
Hello we are on virtuemart 2 and joomla 2.5

Does this still apply?  J3.5/VM3.0.18+  does not need Jotcache or SH404
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ereallstaff

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 24, 2017, 17:25:50 PM
@ereallstaff

Quote from: ereallstaff on February 14, 2017, 15:55:49 PM
Hello we are on virtuemart 2 and joomla 2.5

we wrote just 2-3 days ago, I am not so fast to pass already to other system .I either didn't find a good template for it

Does this still apply?  J3.5/VM3.0.18+  does not need Jotcache or SH404
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

jenkinhill

I am wondering if some of the advise above is more relevant to VM3 than to VM2.

I agree that there were some problems in the use of VM2.x but there has been so much progress since then. At least you have been thinking of upgrading. As for templates, these are very much a personal thing, and the usual template clubs go more for flash over function. My choice for VM sites are templates from https://www.olympianthemes.com  The developer is a member of the VM team so they are thoroughly tested and kept up to date.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ereallstaff

I had seen horne 3 and effectively worths a trial.

problem I think that template should already think about 2 fixed places below for filters with custom filters and cart , and for this I will need to work a lot

Anyway thank you

ereallstaff

once we are here: is there a way to bootstrap virtuemart 2 to write a fast script to load products using the same structure?

Milbo

Try to switch from conservative to progressive.
That is just slow. It means cache per user. That means any first page load is slow and uncached.

Another problem can be that your server cache the cart page, if you use .htaccess with expiration time for html/txt or by extension .php or external cache system.
yeh, I think the problem is here.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: ereallstaff on February 24, 2017, 16:49:36 PM
For the cart :
Deactivating the cache can solve your issue because if you use page cache this cache all page including cart.

I use jotcache , excluding page=shop.cart,page=checkout.index,pop=1,view=cart    .    I have also sh404sef , maybe this can cause caching? ( I had same problem before installing sh404sef
shop.cart is vm 1 !!! So you do NOT exclude the cart!

Quote from: ereallstaff on February 24, 2017, 16:49:36 PM
These are big problems about virtuemart
This is not a VM problem. You use jotacache.

Maybe your problem is SSL related. Use SSL for the whole shop, not just the sensitive areas.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ereallstaff

Quote from: Milbo on February 25, 2017, 08:41:28 AM
shop.cart is vm 1 !!! So you do NOT exclude the cart!

I reduced only to view=cart , let's try

Quote from: Milbo on February 25, 2017, 08:41:28 AM
Maybe your problem is SSL related. Use SSL for the whole shop, not just the sensitive areas.

I use it for entire site already

ereallstaff

Multi variant creation has a bug : doesn't work if debug mode is on ( on development was my value )

This was due to print
Notice: Undefined variable: i in ....../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 605

if you want to work with json, friend, you need to silence all notice and error before printing or manage to print under the response array.

took 1 hour to understand, but a newbie won't had set this properly at all

Milbo

Quote from: ereallstaff on February 25, 2017, 14:27:20 PM
Multi variant creation has a bug : doesn't work if debug mode is on ( on development was my value )
if you want to work with json, friend, you need to silence all notice and error before printing or manage to print under the response array.

When you enable a debug, json is most likely to break, if there is a debug in the json. It is inevitable.
Quote from: ereallstaff on February 25, 2017, 14:27:20 PM
you need to silence all notice and error before printing
Yes, you have todo that. But not "we". Else you had no chance to debug it. There is an old rule saying. Better a red light in the cart telling that there is (will be) a problem, instead of just having a problem.

ereallstaff

Yes but you can manage things Luke I say adding to response the errors and print elseway without breaking the code

This way you don t have red message like you say and newbies goes mad :(