Editing product description in non default language and saving It overwrite description in default

Started by tanolalano, February 10, 2017, 12:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanolalano

Editing product description in  non default language and saving It overwrite description in default language
Any One have this issue?
VM 19.5
PHP 7
J!3.6.5
arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

Milbo

Strange thing. I could reproduce that, but when I started to debug, it vanished. Hmmm. Lets keep an eye on it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

I have seen these but it was due to a problem with the JCE editor.

In our case swtiching to tiny MCE editor solved it. For some reason seems the editor was not really changing the language and the default language was getting override.

lindapowers

Quote from: K&K media production on February 21, 2017, 13:57:21 PM
Tried with JCE 2.6.8 and no problems.

You fixed it in one of the betas but in some previous versions I could replicate. Maybe his issue is not related to the editor.

Studio 42

In Jce the problem was on loading and editing. In VM 3.0.18 i'm pretty sure, it was not working.
I have send the problem too for some months.

Milbo

The problem is more complex. VM handles now the BE language different. So in my case it was so.

Shop default language in German (means joomla default FE language DE)
I installed the sample data and opened my product with the Backend language, english.
So I saw the "english" text of the sample data in the "english product", which was just the fallback of the "english text" in the german tables.

So when I stored the german text, the english texts showed the german entry and I got confused, but it was just the fallback.

Solution, use as default in BE also the default of the FE

and developer solution is to load the product with "getProduct" and "getProductSingle", and one time without language fallback, or so. The we could grey this fields, so that it is visible.

Normal derivated values are just not shown, but language fallbacks are shown always and that can lead to confusion.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tanolalano

Quote from: lindapowers on February 21, 2017, 12:39:12 PM
I have seen these but it was due to a problem with the JCE editor.

In our case swtiching to tiny MCE editor solved it......
It's my default editor
arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

tomsson

My shop is in NO and EN language
VM is 3.0.18
yesratday I update JCE to 2.6.8  and I get problems with saving multilangiage product description.

my solution is chenge editor for TinyMCE

lindapowers

Quote from: tomsson on March 13, 2017, 20:13:55 PM
My shop is in NO and EN language
VM is 3.0.18
yesratday I update JCE to 2.6.8  and I get problems with saving multilangiage product description.

my solution is chenge editor for TinyMCE

We use TinyMCE too but it seems they solved it with JCE 2.6.9 (I have not tested im happy with TinyMCE anyway)
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136471.msg478712#msg478712