News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Checkout by guests partially fails - registered users work fine.

Started by ProRaceSupply, February 13, 2017, 16:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProRaceSupply

Joomla! 2.5.28 Stable
Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable
VirtueMart 2.6.22

I replicated another site we have, code, database, everything.  THen went and modified the data. THe original works fine, running on the same server, etc...

So...If I login or have the shopper create an account and login everything works just fine.

However, if I use guest checkout When the user submits the order

1. Instead of hte order number I get:  COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDER_NOTFOUND
2. THe user never gets the confirmation email
3. The order is actually placed in the backend.

So it seems to me something is wrong in the post-processing where the order confirmation module can't find the just submitted order.  Again - this only happens with guests. 

I'm pretty stumped.  Verified the tables were copied, even re-loaded most of the core joomla tables.  Still no joy. 

Any help appreciated!!!

ProRaceSupply

Oh, I wanted to add that if I change the order status for the guest user - they DO get that email and the status changes.

...Then everything seems to work as intended.

jenkinhill

Usually means that the payment plugin is not returning a confirmed order status to trigger the order emails.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ProRaceSupply

Thanks.  Any idea why the plugin would return this confirmation to a registered user, but not a guest?

jenkinhill

No, never seen that. I usually use guest registration only. But you do have very old J/VM versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum