News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Some problems with cart and add to cart message

Started by robin466, February 10, 2017, 17:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin466

Hi guys,

i have encounted a problem with my cart module

i'am running at :
Virtuemart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 5.6.29

the problem is that my Cart button does not respond when i press it.  it simply lights up but doesn't show a page....
Meanwhile when you add a product to cart the popup comes and if you press cart (mandje) it brings you to a diffrent page (see attachment)

Attachment one is the wrong cart page which comes from the pop up
Attachment two is the pop-up message
Attachment three is the  Button
Attachment four is the right cart page which i can retrieve via a different URL

hopefully someone know how to fix this !

regard,

Robin

robin466

okay i have fixed the pop up error by just editing the Href Code to a internal adres. But the top cart button is still a pain in the ass

jenkinhill

Worked fine for me, added 3 products to cart with no issues. Used Firefix & Chrome.  The cart "button" is the mini cart module. Have you asked Spyros about this?  https://www.olympianthemes.com/forum.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robin466

Hi Jenkinhill,

thanks for you reply !

i haven't done yet because i thought it was something  with VM !
but when you press the top button do you see a Dropdown menu then ?  (from the webshop)  because when i am at RN-Motoproducts  and press the button notthing happens.

robin466

so what i have done. is making my own button  which directs me to the cart so that works fine now. only problem is that this button doesn't show how many items are in the cart....

jenkinhill

As I said earlier that "button" is the minicart module. It is the VM - Shopping cart module with template overrides, the override file being /templates/horme_3/html/mod_virtuemart_cart/default.php

For me it always works prefectly out of the box, but you seem to have changed something to stop it working properly. Could be a js issue, but if you are happy with your woraround then all is good.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum