Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I display just Discounted(Sale) Products

Started by bigrich66, February 09, 2017, 21:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrich66

Hi

VM 3.0.18 /J3.6.5

How do I use the Category Layout attached to a menu item to display discounted/Sale products only. I simply want to have a menu item that is called 'Sale' that points to all my discounted products

Cheers

jenkinhill

Add all discounted products to a category called "Discounted" (or similar). Products can belong to several categories. Then your menu link can be a simple link to the Discounted category.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bigrich66

Thanks Kelvin I have done that and it has worked

I also have a Menu Item called 'New In' does this have to work the same way using a category or can a category menu link pick the new items automatically by selecting 'Show Recent' as yes in the VM Category Menu Settings?

Cheers

jenkinhill

I'd create a page justn populated with the recent/latest products module set to show as many products as you wish.
But you can also create a menu item to a category page which is configured to show recent products with all others turned off - not tried this, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sandomatyas

But if I add a new category to the product it might affect the url and also my custom product import/exports. It would be better extend the category view with a new paramete.r At least using the product_override price field from #__virtuemart_product_prices table as VM uses it for filter_order.