News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

editing en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

Started by purgamentum, February 06, 2017, 22:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purgamentum

Hi,

I have made changes to en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini in components/virtuemart/languages to change the error code displayed on the cart page when a customer has not entered an address. Despite updating the file and changing the original text it still shows the old text on the live website. I made the changes to a local site prior to uploading the new en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini file to the website and it worked. However after uploading the edited file to a live site the text does not show. I have tried taking the site offline and putting it back online, clearing the cache on my browser and my website but it still refuses to change. Can anyone help?

Jumbo!

Check if you also have this language file in the site - language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini along with components/virtuemart/languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

Use FTP to check if you have uploaded the file correctly.

Also note that sometimes these error messages are displayed by your shipment plugin. Therefore you should also check the language file of the plugin.

PRO