News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related product on Cart

Started by hassanegenius, February 05, 2017, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hassanegenius

Hi,, Is it possible to display related product on cart page just under of Buy Now button.

Please need help..
Thanks Advance

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hassanegenius

Hi JenKinHill,

Thanks for noticing my Query.  I am using Joomla! 2.5.27.

jenkinhill

What VirtueMart version? Looks like an old one.

You are using a heavily overriden template system which would make it difficult to advise on any changes.

But something more basic bothers me. If there are two products in the cart (you do mean the actual cart?)  then whose related products would you want to show?  In the current version of VM (I'm now using 3.0.19.4) using default VM templates the related products custom field can be shown on the product details page and in the add to cart popup, but not on the cart page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hassanegenius

My VirtueMart version is : 2.0.22b 

Maybe last added product of related product wants to display.

Thanks

jenkinhill

All VirtueMart 2 versions before 2.6.22 are poptentially insecure, and hopefully you will have already added the vital security patch to your Joomla 2.5.27?  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/478-joomla-security-release-3-6-5-and-patch-for-joomla-2-5-28

I seem to recall for that old version you can have related products appear in the modal add to cart popup - although you seem to have the modal disabled. To add it to your cart page itself will require some bespoke programming, so I guess you would need to hire a developer.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

hassanegenius