News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customizable Search Module

Started by mausci1969, February 03, 2017, 04:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mausci1969

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a Search Module for my Shop to search among the products, categories too, but not descriptions.

Any suggestion?

mclernons

mausci1969

Tried a couple of Search module that were part of the template I bought, dunno if they are the one that you're saying. There are many Search Modules. I tried to search yours but I'm not sure which one is the one. Can you send me the link of it? Thanks.

jenkinhill

The default VM search module is named VM - Search in Shop  in the Joomla module list. It is configurable.  Sounds like you have a quick-install package. They can cause problems if the guy who put the package together deletes the default VM extensions.

To understand VM setup and configuration properly install Joomla & VM separately - or use the official quick-install package, latest available is
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1023/VirtueMart3.0.18_Joomla_3.6.2-Stable-Full_Package.zip
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mausci1969

Thank you very much Kelvyn,
yes it seems your hypothesis is the right one, I'm now in contact with the guys to see the best way to solve the problem.

mausci1969

I've been talking about it with the template guys and they told me that they cannot find anywhere the ' VM - Search in Shop' module. Actually I didn't too. Can anyone indicate me where to find it?
As always, thanks in advance

jenkinhill

See these images. First is Joomla's module list, second is the module directory on the server.  I assume the template guys are not idiots, but did they install the VM aio component as well as the main VM component? The modules are in the aio package.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum