News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need suggetion for choosing "import & Export bulk products"

Started by Laura Chu, February 02, 2017, 03:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Chu

I never use import & export bulk products function before, I don't know which extension is best choice, from your experience please give me suggestion, many thanks.
www.cybersky.com.au Website Design, Web Development, Graphic Deisgn, Display System

Laura Chu

I found "VM Products CSV !ULTIMATE!", compare with VMbepro by studio42, which one is better?
www.cybersky.com.au Website Design, Web Development, Graphic Deisgn, Display System

AH

It us up to you - both will do an import and export of products job.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Laura Chu

I tried "VM Products CSV !ULTIMATE!", it's very good, easy to use, most important the developer is very friendly and helpful.

Studio 42

VM Products CSV !ULTIMATE! is similar to VM Be PRO, but can only import/export and cost more.

AH

I tend to agree with Studio 42

The VM Be PRO offers additional functionality to be able to manage products from the admin area using direct in line editing.

As well as being able to import and export categories, manufacturers, products, and custom fields directly from an XLS spreadsheet with no need to mess with CSV formatting.

http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm

All at a fraction of the cost of CSVI (which appears to be a yearly subscription model?!)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Laura Chu

Hi AH, I tried VMBEPRO, when I export data, there is no product description, image and thumb nail links, only short description available.

Studio 42

@Laura Chu: i never had this request, but it's very hard and bad to add image directly in the XLS file. For the long description, all my customer only wanted filtered export for stock or price for now so i never tried to add more as current supported fields, but i can perhaps add this in one of the new release. I always add feature(all month) eg i'm on writing quick editor for front end, so you can do a basic shop now without jump in VM manager to add products or categories.
Regards,
Patrick

Laura Chu

Thank you Studio 42, I'm so happy you reply me here. I bought VMPCSV first, there is some trouble with foreign language characters(Please check attached file), so I tried VMBEPRO. your component more flexible and more control, but less fields showing up in export file and import options. If you can add product description and image & thumbnail link in both import and export will be great. Or you may tell me how to handle product description and image links for thousands of products will help too, many thanks.

Studio 42

I see to add this as next feature, if you have no news, you can always contact me by mail.
Quick editor for vm be pro is near final stage, so  in some weeks certainly.