News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

empty order_language field in the database

Started by 6.522, January 29, 2017, 21:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I have multi-language site (two languages) and my problem is that the info about the order language, when creating a new one, is not saved in the database - the order_language field in virtuemart_orders is empty. So when I manually change the order status in BE the notification email is in the default language - not the order language. Similar thing happens when user clicks "notify" button and then after restock the notification email about availability is sent to him. What should I check / where to look to find what is causing this behaviour??

VirtueMart 2.6.22
Joomla! 2.5.28

ok so I was missing

<input type='hidden' name='order_language' value='<?php echo $this->order_language?>'/>

in the cart default.php template override but.. the email is translated only partially (if I manually set the BE language then the whole email is translated properly) and the currency in wrong - shop default instead of order currency :/

no luck with "notify me" so far

jjk

That order email language issue had been solved in one of the VM3.x versions, probably 3.0.18.7 or 3.0.18.8. Perhaps you can create a test installation from a backup and test updating to one of those.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Quote from: jjk on January 30, 2017, 23:41:42 PM
That order email language issue had been solved in one of the VM3.x versions, probably 3.0.18.7 or 3.0.18.8. Perhaps you can create a test installation from a backup and test updating to one of those.

well upgrading to VM 3 is not possible for me right now because that will give me too many incompatibility issues with plugins used on the site :/