News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom fields in category view

Started by cvrak, February 09, 2017, 16:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvrak

Hi,

I've set some products with custon fields about different sizes.
Custom fields are shown in Category view, and I have a question:
Is it possible when we choose a custom field, NOT to navigate to product details page, but to stay in category view changing the price accordingly?

Thanks
Chris

jenkinhill

That already can be done in the current version with default templates as long as child variants are not used.  eg see http://demo.virtuemart.net/wear  and change the customs in the skirt or zipper pullover. The prices change and the product can be added direct to cart.

The demo uses VM 3.0.18.7  on Joomla 3.6.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cvrak

Hi Jenkinhill,

I've set templates to default, as you can see in the screenshot.
I got the error message when I've tried to save "Select the default template for your Shop" --> default.
The problem remains.

Vm 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.5

Any ideas?
Thanks
Chris

cvrak

Hi,

There was a mistake with default template for all languages, I've corrected and I don't get the error message.
I also set "Use ajax in browse view" --> Yes and it's working.

I've noticed something: When I choose a custom variant, a blank area is added between the title and the sales price. I've attached two photos to see what I mean.

Checking with Firebug, I've found that there is "p.product_s_desc" element displayed.
What is this? How can I remove it?

Thanks
Chris

jenkinhill

That's for the product short description. If you don't use it then hide with css.  p.product_s_desc  { display:none; }
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cvrak