News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

My virtuemart doesnt work after upgrading to VM3

Started by Kentkj, January 31, 2017, 13:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentkj

Hi Guys

I have upgraded my virtuemart from 2 to 3, and now theres a couple of thing that doesnt work.

1. I cant change the quantity when buying products.
2. I used to have custom fields where you could select the size and color that you want, this is gone.
3. even if you click purchase, it doesnt add anything to the cart, and if i type in my adress and click continue anyway, it just refresh and i can type the adress again.

I have read all over the internet and it seems like people having the same problem, had a javescript issue. So i have tried to use firebug but i just cant figure out whats wrong. Can anybody please help.
here is a link where you can test it http://www.nmtrikotage.dk/index.php/shop-online/t-shirts/a-o-neck-05-65-detail

I have attached a picture of what the size and color custom fields used to look like, and now they are gone.

jenkinhill

Did you update the template, too?

Which VM3 version are you using?

On the product details page you are not loading the VM javascript files.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Kentkj

i am using VirtueMart 3.0.18

And i don't know if i have updated my template, i dont think so. I am using the yoo_glass template, how can i update that one to see if that helps?

When i look at the yoo glass template i can see what i expected, it says that multible jquery libraries are conflicting. How can i solve this. pic attached

jenkinhill

It looks like you are using template overrides for VirtueMart content. The template structure is different in VM3.x so any overrides should be updated to the current standard. I'm not familar with yoo_glass but if the overrides came with the original template then you should contact them for updates to VM3.0.18 standard.

A quick check for template issues is to switch to using beez - I did a test here, using http://www.nmtrikotage.dk/index.php/shop-online/t-shirts/a-o-neck-05-66-detail?tmpl=component&template=beez_20  which does not use your template overrides. This shows that quantity change is working and VM js files are loading.  So the main issue is in your yoo template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

another method is just to disable the overrides, rename the folder templates/mytemplate/html/com_virtuemart to something else
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Kentkj

@jenkin

You are right i can see that your example with the beez template is solving just about every problem. Both quantity and the custom fields, i can even click add to cart again but its layout is messed up. I have to use the Glass template as the company's materials are build on the look so i hope i can fint another solution than to switch template. i will try to contact yoo glass - but it seems like on their website that they want 50 euro for a 3 month membership where i can download everything i want, so thats pretty expensive when i only need this one update file :/

@Milbo, i tried to rename this folder, but that messes up the layout of the site, but it did look like the custom fields appear agaain, how can i maybe solve this? :) i have attached a picture of before and after i have renamed the folder. The custom fields used to appear when you click the produkt and come to the product page. now the custom fields are already in the catagory menu, its like it has skipped one step of the chain, if you know what i mean :)

jenkinhill

You will need to update more than one file, there are likely to be up to 50 template files and about 15 sublayouts which are required for VM3 but were not used in VM2. So €50 sounds pretty reasonable to me. As Milbo suggests you can use the default VM template files - it would just need some new overrides and css written to get the appearance to match the J! template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Kentkj

Im not that into designing the default templates so they match, and i havnt worked with overrides as you call them before so i wouldnt know where to start unfortunatly. i have contacted yoothemes but havnt received any answer yet.
But do you think that updating the yoo glass theme will fix the problems right away without me having to modify anything?

Milbo

You need also configure it a bit different. Set 3 products per row and your browse view will fit again. In general it is a good idea to check any view and any new option and to work with the native options as long as possible. Then adjust some of the layouts per override.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Kentkj

i see. Can you please explain what an override is, is it just a css file that overrides the default css or what is it? :)

jenkinhill

I have never used anything from Yoo so have no information about their products. It seems likely to me that if they have an updated yoo_glass template then it would be for Joomla 3.x and not for Joomla 2.x which is officially past end of life. In that case you would need to update Joomla as well as VM.   

Fo overrides, there is a lot of information available, eg https://docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Overrides  or  https://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Kentkj

I have read some of it and i don't think i have the courage to risk it all getting more messed up by changing the files, i know to little about overrides to do that. it says on the yootheme page that the glass theme supports j2.5 so it should be able to fix my problems hopefully. I will wait for answer from yoothemes and see if they think buying the theme update will fix it.

I want to thank you both very much for taking the time to answer, now i know what is wrong, i just need to find the solution. That has been a big help :)

I will maybe ask further question when yoothemes answer my email. :)

Kentkj

Hi again guys. I ended up doing a backup so everything returns to what it was before the update. I have a small problem though, not really critical but still annoying. The icons in the virtuemart controlpanel has disappeared and i dont know why, can you help? :)

Milbo

Kentkj

I have now updated VM to 2.6 and the icons are still missing, and the new icons below doesnt fit ? any solutions? :)