News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

guest checkout issue

Started by purgamentum, January 30, 2017, 17:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purgamentum

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Joomla and Virtuemart. We have the checkout setup so that users can checkout without registering. When customers add some items it fails to calculate the a shipping method. However if a customer checks out as a registered user it works fine. Can anyone help? I have tired going to virtuemart>user options and changing guest user group to registered but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks

purgamentum

correction, it's not working for registered users either. It seems to be a specific category that's not working. You can order a single item from this category without issue but when it's combined with an item from another category it doesn't calculate the shipping. I have checked all the weights and shipping rules. If I add multipule items from other categories it calculates the shipping okay. If I add multiple items from the category that isn't working it works. It just generates an issue when I combine items from the two.

Milbo

I am sorry absolut no clue, what means latest version of virtuemart? What are the settings of your shipment? Did you try without extensions like OPCs, did you try with the default template?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

purgamentum

Virtuemart 3.0.18. I have also tried adding a new product into this category as a test and it doesn't work. If I move one of the problematic items to another category that item still produces the same shipping calculation error. It seems to purely effect items in this category. As I say all other items work fine so I don't believe it's a template issue. I have compared all the fields with working products but they all seem to be the same. I have just tried adding a completely new product to a working category and this doesn't seem to work. It now seems that I cannot add new products to any category. The category that wasn't working was added at a different time to the other items in the shop so there seems to be some sort of on going issue that became present when this new category was created. So just to be clear any products that are now added, regardless of there category appear on the website fine but when they are added to the cart with an older product they produce a shipping calculation error.

purgamentum

I've tried disabling ajax opc, I've also tried using another template and the same issue occurs. New products are added to the site but they will not calculate the shipping  when added with old products to the cart.

purgamentum

Managed to resolve the issue by installing a separate plugin for shipping (disabled the standard shipping rules) and rounding all the item weights up to a kilogram.

Thanks for help.