News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Automatically select Shipping Method

Started by mausci1969, January 29, 2017, 13:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mausci1969

Hello everyone,
if I have just one shipping method, or payment method, it should be basically the same, is there a way to present it automatically selected (even better, with no possible selection at all)?
Is there any way not to show the 'Save' button under shippping methods, payment methods and total?

Joomla  3.6
VM 3.0.14

Tks for any help/suggestion
Regards

jenkinhill

In VM Config/Checkout select options Enable Automatic Selected .....    (pic is VM3.0.19.2)     With default VM templates there is then no "save" button.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mausci1969

lausianne

This is great when there's ony one range, because only one Automatic Selected Shipment can be selected.
What if I have two ranges, for different weights, and each has a preferred method that should be preselected?
I'd have to be able to select 2 preferred methods, not one.
I believe it would be good to have that option in the shipment method settings, not global configuration. Conflicts would be possible - then simply preselect nothing.

Jörgen

? ? ?

You can only select one shipment method, you can not send the same package with two shipment providers. All applicable shipment methods will be visible though.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

lausianne:

Pls send picture (as jenkinhill) and show what do you want. From your text  confused.

Why?

Because I use several extensions to display shipping and my eshops behave differently. In order to be able to assess which option is best for you, I should be properly informed.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

diri

Multiple shipment carriers / methods are sometimes a real need:

Normal shipment for light weight or relative small products, a special carrier for large or very heavy products (e.g. furniture).

In Germany carriers like DHL, Hermes or UPS have different weight limits but, none of them takes more than 30 kg AFAIK.

cu, diri

pinochico

to diri:

QuoteMultiple shipment carriers / methods are sometimes a real need:

You can setup in admin. For Germany Eshop we have in admin 86 carriers each with a different total weight setting
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

@diri
You have totally misunderstood the issue.
You can have as many shipment suppliers as you want but You CAN ONLY SELECT ONE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. Whether it is fine automatically or manually.
The question was how to automatically select a shipment option. One at a Time, the shipment can not physichally be delivered with both DHL and FedEx.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.