Main Menu

1054 error on migrating from VM2 to VM3

Started by virtuenewbee, January 26, 2017, 16:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtuenewbee

Hello,
I had an old VM2 site and now trying to finally upgrade to VM3 and J3

Steps I followed:
1. upgraded my VM2.0 to VM2.6 (just by uploading VM and VM_aio archives)
2. followed the official joomla migration from 2.5 to 3
3. updated to latest joomla (going 2-steps upgrading)
4. I also by reading VM forums performed "install and update tables" after upgrading

Error reproduction steps:
1. visit the sand-box site:
http://worldwideweb.ga/sasha777/
2. click on any category
3. you'd get the error:
1054 - Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT custom_value AS id,custom_value AS name FROM #__virtuemart_product_customfields WHERE virtuemart_custom_id=18

Possible root-cause:
In my virtuemart_product_customfields in fact I don't see any custom_value, but customfield_value, and customfield_price, etc.
It seems that the table names somehow get updated somewhere and I don't know where to control this process.

Please help me out of it, thank you

P.S. New attempts to better characterize the error:
if customfield_value is renamed to custom_value, clicking the category opens it as expected, but then clicking on items there leads to a new error:
1054 - Unknown column 'field.customfield_value' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT c.`virtuemart_custom_id`, c.`custom_parent_id`, c.`virtuemart_vendor_id`, c.`custom_jplugin_id`, c.`custom_element`, c.`admin_only`, c.`custom_title`, c.`show_title` , c.`custom_tip`, c.`custom_value`, c.`custom_desc`, c.`field_type`, c.`is_list`, c.`is_hidden`, c.`is_cart_attribute`, c.`is_input`, c.`layout_pos`, c.`custom_params`, c.`shared`, c.`published`, c.`ordering`, field.`virtuemart_customfield_id`, field.`virtuemart_product_id`, field.`customfield_value`, field.`customfield_price`, field.`customfield_params`, field.`published` as fpublished, field.`override`, field.`disabler`, field.`ordering` FROM `#__virtuemart_customs` AS c LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_product_customfields` AS field ON c.`virtuemart_custom_id` = field.`virtuemart_custom_id` WHERE `virtuemart_product_id` IN (105) AND c.`published` = "1" ORDER BY field.`ordering`,`virtuemart_custom_id` ASC

a list of all my fields in the virtuemart_product_customfields table, published as: virtuemart_product_customfields
"custom fields":

virtuemart_customfield_id
virtuemart_product_id
virtuemart_custom_id
customfield_value
customfield_price
disabler
override
customfield_params
product_sku
product_gtin
product_mpn
published
created_on
created_by
modified_on
modified_by
locked_on
locked_by   
ordering

Milbo

Quote from: virtuenewbee on January 26, 2017, 16:48:31 PM
Hello,
I had an old VM2 site and now trying to finally upgrade to VM3 and J3

Steps I followed:
1. upgraded my VM2.0 to VM2.6 (just by uploading VM and VM_aio archives)
2. followed the official joomla migration from 2.5 to 3
3. updated to latest joomla (going 2-steps upgrading)
4. I also by reading VM forums performed "install and update tables" after upgrading

Wrong order, you must update VM first. Because when you update joomla, you cannot use VM anylonger. Another way is to use the migrator of daycounts http://extensions.virtuemart.net/back-office/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

virtuenewbee

Quote from: Milbo on January 31, 2017, 13:37:45 PM
Wrong order, you must update VM first. Because when you update joomla, you cannot use VM anylonger. Another way is to use the migrator of daycounts http://extensions.virtuemart.net/back-office/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail

Thanks for the reply,  in fact I tried that too later but didn't update the post here, with such steps:
1.migrated from V2 TO VM3 (latest)
2.updated j2.5 to j3

I tried also with other steps, creating multiple copy of the site and trying it, but the same issue persists!

The issue is about updating CUSTOM_VALUE. When I manually edit the field name to "customfield_value", finally the categories become clickable and pass me to the products page of that category, but now if i click on an item, it now asks the field as "custom_value" just as it was originally!

Any help please any suggestion?