News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

allow quotemarks (symbol for inches) in titles

Started by dsrpmedia, January 24, 2017, 18:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrpmedia

Hi

I am putting together a tools site - unfortunately most of the tools have the size designated in inches in their title - ie 1/4" Socket etc

unfortunately the quote marks (") are breaking the catalogue - the titloe stops at the quotemark - eg  1/4" Socket displays as 1/4 etc

is there some way i can force the titles to accept quotemarks?

SOLVED using alt code-  "

mhilliard

Hi, we're having the same problem with quote marks around the titles of certain products, for example:

Gnome - "Big Papa"

This will save and show correctly on the front end of the site but anything in the Product Name field with quote mars will disappear, and look like this:

Gnome -

Which presents problems if you have a whole category of gnomes with clever names. Did you ever find a solution?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Ghost

That's not a proper solution though. Quotes should be escaped on display.

Kuubs

Quote from: Ghost on November 20, 2017, 10:33:48 AM
That's not a proper solution though. Quotes should be escaped on display.
Problem is that you cannot save the quote. Because Virtuemart strips that. So the solution is perfect.

atp

How can I display the quotemark " as inches in the Custom Field? I have tried the alt code and it works but then it is converted to " after saving.
Then if I save the product again the " marks erase everything after. I have thousands of products that require multiple dimensions in inches.

diri

atp

diri

Glad to be of help and Thank You for response.  :-*