"Suddenly" VM not sending order emails to vendor, but sends all other email

Started by nkamp, January 19, 2017, 18:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkamp

Hallo,
I hope that somenone can help me out with this.

Important for now is:

• HOW CAN KNOW THAT VIRTUEMART HAS NOT SEND A E-MAIL? OR IT DOES SEND AN E-MAIL, SO THAT I CAN MAKE THE NEXT STEP. I mean if the mail is send, than I can look further in the chain.
  • Although I don't think it is a problem of the hosting company, what is a good question? I mean if I ask I don't receive e-mails, that's not a good question. How can they see that the mails are not delivered. Oh yeh, the mails are send from the site to office365 to the vendor e-mail box. (but I don't know much about office365, another company has this configured for me

Information:

"Suddenly" the e-mail of virtuemart with the invoice is not send anymore to the owner of the shop. It is already a few days, and I didn't hear complains of customers so assume that they get still the e-mail with the invoice.
I have the following sites:
- Joomla 3.6.5 /VM3.0.18, hosting iOnline
- Joomla 2.5.28/VM2.6.22 , hosting iOnline
- Joomla 2.5.28/VM2.6.22 , hosting Wned

I have made updates for joomla site 3.6.x --> 3.6.5 and also an certain amount of updates for plugins. On all three site's I did u update of the JCE editor/media plugin. Further about the VM configuration, nothing is changed.

I did also install the 2.5.28 patch http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news]http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news]http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news (or the dircect link http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1036/Joomla2.5.28-20161214PATCH.zip)
installed on the 2.5.28 versions.
In these patch keeps the following files:

• user.php --> 'path'     => '/libraries/joomla/user'
  • session.php --> 'path'     => '/libraries/joomla/session'
  • registration.php --> 'path'     => '/components/com_users/models'
  • debug.php --> 'path'     => '/plugins/system/debug'
  • component.php --> 'path'     => '/administrator/components/com_config/models'

But then it should only not work with the two joomla 2.5.28 versions. But the joomla 3.6.5 should still work.
The normal joomla mail is send like the joomla contact form, which is the same e-mail adres as the shop owner. What I already mention, on all the three site's I have update the JCE editor. I don't know if it has anything todo with it. But if this is the cause than I should expect that already more complains should be made around this.

Because of that the site's are hosted at different hosting companies, it is not a issue of the hosting companies, of...?

I know, J2.5.28 should work with VM3.0.18, but than it goes wrong with my template (and I'm with upgrading the site's to joomla 3.5)

It are site's from my brother, and he said that they are not in the spambox received.

There are also not red "+"signs at the order. This can also mean the e-mail is not send.

Thanks in advance

Nico

jenkinhill

Firstly, what is the status of the orders - pending, confirmed or?  Is the same payment method used for all?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nkamp

Hello Jenkinhill,

Thanks for thinking with me. See my screenshot for the vm mail configuration.
Bevestigd = Confirmed
Bevestigd door klant = confirmed by customer
Geannuleerd = cancelled
Teruggegeven = Denied
Verzonden = send

But I come still closer to the idea, it must be in office365, because he is receiving the 'normal' mail. But the mail is going from the hoster to office365, I don't know much about office365 - someone else has configured this for my brother, and than to the outlook I think of my brother. He is saying to me that he doesn't see anything in the spambox. But I'm affraid, that or office365 or his virusscanner sees the pdf with the invoice as something dangerous and is blocking it... Or??

Nico

jenkinhill

I have had a couple of clients who did not receive order emails with Outlook, but when I switched the vendor mail address to mine the mails were received OK in Thunderbird. They did not want to use Tbird so now use Gmail with no problems. I don't trust any MS email software, so if 365 is causing the problem here it would not surprise me.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nkamp

Hello,

It was the hosting company who was working on the spam filter "BARACUDA", which they have configurated 'sharper'. So he said that the IP adres  were the mail was comming from in the DNS configuration was not taken in to account, and it was seen as spam! But it before I suppose it was the same IP adres or should they have moved the site to another server? Can that be the reason. Altough I like to know it what has happened, but for now I don't understand.

It seems to work again because my brother is receiving the orders with the invoice again! The only thing is what I'm asking myself is, if you are working on such thing do you test it than, because how is this possible. I have not so much knowledge about this subject that can I talk with that guy and can follow how this has happen. On the otherhand I'm lucky that it is working again.

Thanks,

Nico