News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Edit order BE

Started by bortolani, January 16, 2017, 19:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bortolani

Hi,
Using Joomla 3.6.5 - VM 3.0.17 (I know I have to upgrade!!!!  but same problem appears in 3.0.18.7)

Is there a way in BE to edit the shipping address of a user who made a purchase as a Guest (not registered)?
I searched the forum but found no answer.

And what is the use of the "Save Order head" button? Could not understand what it does.

For Jenkinhill: I Know that I have to move to 3.0.18.x and I will do it, but my question is unrelated to it :-)

Many thanks,
Bruno

K&K media production

Yes you can edit the address fields inside the order and if you click "save order head", your changes will be applied.

bortolani

Then for sure it does not work with Joomla 3.6.5 - VM 3.0.17.
Maybe it has been fixed in VM 3.0.18.x, but I don't think so.

Thanks,
Bruno

jenkinhill

I just tested with VM3.0.18.9 and can confirm that the shipping address can be changed for guest checkouts, using default VM templates and Firefox.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello

This is an old feature, it works still on VM 3.0.18.5 and Joomla 3.6.5. I have no doubt in my mind that this not work on older version VM 3.0.8 works flawless for instance. Do You use any kind of custom template for the backend perhaps ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Quote from: bortolani on January 16, 2017, 19:13:47 PM
For Jenkinhill: I Know that I have to move to 3.0.18.x and I will do it, but my question is unrelated to it :-)

Hihi, nice hint. But I insist on that Jenkinhill never just says "update or we wont help", he is just the nice guy not getting tired to tell people about.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bortolani

Ahahha, I didn't want to be offensive, I was just pulling his leg :-)
And in any case he's right to insist 'cause does not make sense to debug problems that might have been already fixed.

Fact is I thought it was not due to my old version and in fact older and newer versions work.
I use the standard Isis template for Be so that could not be the problem.

It just seems that the 'save order head' is totally ineffective in my installation and I wondered if anyone had a similar problem.

Thanks all!

Bruno

Milbo

ehrm, you was not offensive :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member