News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

virtue mart can't show my product prices

Started by zervas, January 14, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zervas

I am using Joomla 3.6.5 and Virtuemart 3

Before posting , I spent some time for a solution , but I haven't found anything .  I followed step by step the advice of this site , but it didn't work for me

https://www.flexiblewebdesign.com/forum-virtuemart-2-template-puremart-support/444-product-prices-not-showing

How else can I do  ?

jenkinhill

No URL so we can't see which template you are using. No displayed prices is usually due to a failure to set the store currency or the use of a commercial template that needs updating.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zervas

jenkinhill

So on the  Shop/Vendor tab make sure that the main currency set for the shop is the same as your product price currency.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zervas

Your suggestion is absolutely  right . Now I'm trying to make a new Tax rule . For instance, 24% VAT , but when I click the button Save & Close , VM shows me the message 'Failed' .  I got this message also when I try to make a new shipment method . I don't know why I get these errors .

Thank you very much for your reply  .

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

zervas

Why do I get these errors ? I mean when I make a tax rule and after that click the button save & close , it shows me the message ¨failed¨.  why ?

Thank you very much

jenkinhill

I have never see a failed message.

To make a tax rule is simple.  On the main  Tax & Calculation Rule
    page select "New", then
    1. enter a name for the rule, eg VAT 24%
    2. For Type of Arithmetic Operation select Vat tax per product (or whatever rule is required)
    3. For Math Operation selct +%
    4. Enter the Value  - eg 24
    5. Make sure the Currency is correct.

The save & close.  The tax rule is created.

You can select Published before saving, or publish oit from the list view.   Nothing to go wrong.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

zervas

I don't know why. Probably , There was an error during installation. On another site , creating new rules is okay.

Now , I am trying to get used to making custom fields. I've created a new product called 'HTML 5 / CSS 3'. I have created a new custom field named 'Color' . the type of this custom field is string. To be honest , I don't know what type I will have to choose every time .

The attributes of this custom fields are : White,Red,Black. If a user chooses Black for example the price will increase 5 euros . But , as you can see in the photo below my list are shown 3 times and not 1 time and whatever option I choose , the price will increase 5 euros .

Milbo

Read the manual, study the sample data. In short, you created 3 dropdownsw with 1 option, instead of 1 dropdown with 3 options.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

zervas

Ok. I'll try , but see the following photo . I think that the values are set correctly .