News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Captcha not showing in the Registration Form

Started by mausci1969, January 14, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mausci1969

I saw many posted having a problem with this, meaning Captcha not showing in the Registration Page, but didn't find any resolutive answer. I tried 1.0 and 2.0 and nothing changed. Any idea?

Joomla 3.6.5
VM 3.0.4

jenkinhill

Quote from: mausci1969 on January 14, 2017, 10:56:27 AM
VM 3.0.4

Really??  That is 2 years old. Current is 3.0.18.x.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Assuming that you use a current VM version,  the ReCaptcha plugin is enabled in Joomla with the relevant keys, that "Use ReCaptcha for Registration" is turned on in VM Configuration/Shop then you should see the ReCaptcha on the registration page.

Of course, this does assume that, if you use template overrides, the overrides do contain the captcha code.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cback

Hi there, I pray someone can help me.  I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about Virtuemart.  Since my divorce I have to maintain my own website but have no clue about any of it, so it appears that since yesterday customers cannot register or log in correctly.  The Captcha thingy is missing for some reason... 

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it? From what I am apparently running version 3.2.2.  And what I have seen just from looking around is that the plugin Captcha-reCaptcha is version 1.0. Well that's what's selected.  I can also choose 2.0 but God knows what that will do  :-\  Can't have my site not being functional.

Registration form image is attached.

Thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

jenkinhill

From Google:  reCAPTCHA V1 has been deprecated since May 2016 and from March 31, 2018 this will no longer work.  So looks like they turned it off already. You should switch to version 2.0 - I have used 2.0 for around 3 years now with no issues. I'm not sure if you will need a different site & secret key, but if you do I'm sure you will see an error message (from Google).

If you need new keys go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha

I'm pretty sure you are just the first of many users finding reCaptcha in not working.......
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cback

Thank you very much Kelvyn for your speedy reply.  I did go and get the new keys as suggested.  Do I just copy and paste them in the Plugin section after selecting version 2?

Google also mentions the following about client side and server side intregration - is this something I need to do as well?  If so, where do I find these files I need to edit?

Step 1: Client side integration

Paste this snippet before the closing </head> tag on your HTML template:
<script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>
Paste this snippet at the end of the <form> where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear:
<div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="6Lcfrk8UAAAAAIEcu3WLIf9_J38XeywcOj5f-j6A"></div>
The reCAPTCHA documentation site describes more details and advanced configurations.

Step 2: Server side integration

When your users submit the form where you integrated reCAPTCHA, you'll get as part of the payload a string with the name "g-recaptcha-response". In order to check whether Google has verified that user, send a POST request with these parameters:
URL: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify

secret (required) 6Lcfrk8UAAAAAOpvCKM0UrlkHkAAkWC4URVsb-XF
response (required) The value of 'g-recaptcha-response'.
remoteip The end user's ip address.

jenkinhill

Just copy & paste the keys into the boxes in the plugin. Then just save, no need to do anything else as the code will already be in the site pages.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

cback

cback

Ok so I'm back again.  It seems that for some weird reason Captcha has vanished from the page just like that.  I have gone and gotten new keys again, the plugin is enabled but cannot get the plugin to actually be displayed.

Anyone any ideas?  Have not changed a thing since it was working in the past.

jenkinhill

You say you have changed nothing, but you should have updated Joomla and VM since March (now at J3.8.8 and VM3.2.14) so double check configurations.

Check the code of the displayed page in case you now have the Invisible reCaptcha!
https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

blondie63

I've similar problem.. on my registration form i've recaptcha with an error message "invalid domain.." but the domain is valid !!
How can i disable virtuemart registration form and revert to standard joomla registration form ?
Blondie - www.catalogo.mobi

Currently using VM3.6.10 on Joomla 3.9.15 PHP 7.3