News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Displaying lowest price based off quantity in category view

Started by creatifpresence, January 11, 2017, 16:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creatifpresence

Hello,

I've been looking for a solution to displaying lowest price based off quantity.

Edit: Found the solution and will post for others.

Virtuemart version 3.0.18
Joomla! 3.6.5

creatifpresence

The attached solves this issue.

Hope this is useful to others searching how to display the lowest price not highest.

The following code is in essence the new your theme/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/prices.php

<?php
/**
 * Show the product prices
 * @package    VirtueMart
 * @subpackage
 * @author Max Milbers, Valerie Isaksen
 * @link http://www.virtuemart.net
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2004 - 2014 VirtueMart Team. All rights reserved.
 * @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
 * VirtueMart is free software. This version may have been modified pursuant
 * to the GNU General Public License, and as distributed it includes or
 * is derivative of works licensed under the GNU General Public License or
 * other free or open source software licenses.
 * @version $Id: default_showprices.php 8024 2014-06-12 15:08:59Z Milbo $
 */
// Check to ensure this file is included in Joomla!
defined ('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
$product $viewData['product'];
$currency $viewData['currency'];
?>

<?php
// ******* Get the lowest price from the database ********
$usermodel VmModel::getModel ('user');
$currentVMuser $usermodel->getCurrentUser ();
$currentVMuser->shopper_groups[] = '0'//This allows pricing for ALL Shopper groups to appear
$virtuemart_shoppergroup_ids $currentVMuser->shopper_groups;
$virtuemart_shoppergroup_id_str implode(',',$virtuemart_shoppergroup_ids);
$db JFactory::getDBO();
$sql "
SELECT
MIN(product_price)
FROM #__virtuemart_product_prices
WHERE
virtuemart_product_id = '"
.$product->virtuemart_product_id."'
AND
virtuemart_shoppergroup_id IN ("
.$virtuemart_shoppergroup_id_str.")
"
;
$db->setQuery($sql);
$result $db->loadRow();
// Override the salesPrice with the lowest price
$product->prices['salesPrice'] = $result[0];
// **********************************************************
?>

<div class="product-price" id="productPrice<?php echo $product->virtuemart_product_id ?>">
<?php
$isSale = (!empty($product->prices['discountAmount'])) ? 0;

if (!empty($product->prices['salesPrice'])) {
//echo '<div class="vm-cart-price">' . vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE') . '</div>';
}

if ($product->prices['salesPrice']<=and VmConfig::get ('askprice'1) and isset($product->images[0]) and !$product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
$askquestion_url JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=askquestion&virtuemart_product_id=' $product->virtuemart_product_id '&virtuemart_category_id=' $product->virtuemart_category_id '&tmpl=component'FALSE);
?>

<a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow" ><?php echo vmText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE'?></a>
<?php
} else {
//if ($showBasePrice) {
if ($isSale) {
echo '<div class="price-crossed" >'.$currency->createPriceDiv ('basePrice''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE'$product->prices) . "</div>";
}
//if (round($product->prices['basePrice'],$currency->_priceConfig['basePriceVariant'][1]) != $product->prices['basePriceVariant']) {
echo ''.$currency->createPriceDiv ('basePriceVariant''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE_VARIANT'$product->prices). "";
//}

//}
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('variantModification''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_VARIANT_MOD'$product->prices);
if (round($product->prices['basePriceWithTax'],$currency->_priceConfig['salesPrice'][1]) != $product->prices['salesPrice']) {
echo '' $currency->createPriceDiv ('basePriceWithTax''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_BASEPRICE_WITHTAX'$product->prices) . "";
}
if (round($product->prices['salesPriceWithDiscount'],$currency->_priceConfig['salesPrice'][1]) != $product->prices['salesPrice']) {
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPriceWithDiscount''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITH_DISCOUNT'$product->prices);
}
?>

<span class="from-price">From: </span>
<?php
echo 
$currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE'$product->prices);
if ($product->prices['discountedPriceWithoutTax'] != $product->prices['priceWithoutTax']) {
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('discountedPriceWithoutTax''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX'$product->prices);
} else {
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('priceWithoutTax''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX'$product->prices);
}
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount''COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT'$product->prices);
$unitPriceDescription vmText::sprintf ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_UNITPRICE'vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_UNIT_SYMBOL_'.$product->product_unit));
echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('unitPrice'$unitPriceDescription$product->prices);
}
?>

</div>

PRO

I would do this differently, especially on the category page. Because you are running the same code over and over again for multiple products.

at the very least i would grab this data 1 time in
views/sublayouts/products.php

$usermodel = VmModel::getModel ('user');
$currentVMuser = $usermodel->getCurrentUser ();
$currentVMuser->shopper_groups[] = '0'; //This allows pricing for ALL Shopper groups to appear
$virtuemart_shoppergroup_ids = $currentVMuser->shopper_groups;
$virtuemart_shoppergroup_id_str = implode(',',$virtuemart_shoppergroup_ids);

then, throw the result into the
$viewData array

for example
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('prices',array('product'=>$product,'currency'=>$currency,'userdata'=>$myresulthere));

I added this    ,'userdata'=>$myresulthere    to the echo in products.php calling the prices template

then in prices.php

if you notice at the top of the file
$product = $viewData['product'];
$currency = $viewData['currency'];

You just grab the info from the array you added
$userdata = $viewData['userdata'];

creatifpresence

I paid for a pro to do this, so I don't know which method is better. Just thought I'd share for other people to use :)

PRO

Quote from: creatifpresence on January 15, 2017, 14:26:58 PM
I paid for a pro to do this, so I don't know which method is better. Just thought I'd share for other people to use :)

Ok, no problem. I thought you coded it.

Milbo

At least it is not that hard, because most of the functions are cached. like "getCurrentUser", but Pro wrote a nice explanation.

Should be added here https://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/199-sublayouts.html and/or here https://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/development/224-php-basics-for-templater.html
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member