Express checkout - On mobile no credit card payment, only "Create account"

Started by Jokingmind, January 05, 2017, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokingmind

Hello,
I've made a site for a barber  shop, using Joomla 3.5, Gantry 5 as framework and Virtuemart 3.0.18

After a while that the site was running we discovered that is no more possible to pay using credit card; instead, PayPal continues to ask clients to register and create a PP account.
This thing seems to happend only on mobile.

Searching on web, it seems to be related to those PayPal API parameters: SOLUTIONTYPE and LANDINGPAGE.

Where should I change/add those data?

On forum I've found this solution:
QuoteFind the following code:
Code: [Select]
$resArray=hash_call("SetExpressCheckout",$nvpstr);

Add the following code right before the above code:
Code: [Select]
$nvpstr .= "&SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" . "&LANDINGPAGE=Billing";

Then the redirected paypal paypal page will show the credit card entry form.
For details, refer to paypal NVP manual, and search for "LANDINGPAGE"

It's for Virtuemart 1, is it still a good solution?

Thank you!

AH

You should turn on PayPal debugging in admin and test using a mobile to see what is being "sent" to paypal

Look in the paypal logs on VM after you have attempted to make a payment.

I doubt that you need to change anything in VM regarding code as many people use paypal and payments from mobiles are processed correctly.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jokingmind

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I've checked the process, using debug, both with desktop and device. It's seems that the data passed are the same.
No data about SOLUTIONTYPE and LANDINGPAGE.

I've made a payment with mobile, using the sandboxed account, and the process ended succesfully. But there's no way to pay using credit card on mobile, only with desktop.

Checking the Logs (under Tools menu item) i've found a couple of php (error.php and joomla_update.php, but I can't open those files, due to server restrictions).

AH

Based on your logs and the information you report I do not think that this is a VM issue.

You may want to speak to your paypal rep regarding this.

The accepted payment methods for your paypal account are determined by paypal configuration.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jokingmind

Hello AH.
I've found that using Standard Paypal method I can bypass this problem, and pay the order also with devices. So, I suppose,  is something related just to Express Checkout and mobile workflow.
Still searching on the web but opinoins are conflicting.
As you said I'll try to ask Paypal why this happend.

Thanks for now

AH

Hi jokingmind

Thanks for the update.

I did not realise that you were using express checkout - I have not used/tested this method so cannot be sure there are not problems with it.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0