News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM email manager closed... which other component?

Started by Chigolo, January 03, 2017, 15:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chigolo

Hello guys,

I'm making a new shop right now. I wanted to use the VM email manager component, but I unfortunately had to be astablished that the component no longer exists... How can I edit mails like "confirmed", "payed", "send" and so on in VM or do you have any other good tipps for components for me? I haven't found an alternative to VM email manager so far.

I'm using Joomla 3.6.5 with VM  3.0.18.

Thx and have a happy new year!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

toad78

Quote from: Chigolo on January 03, 2017, 15:27:10 PM
Hello guys,

I'm making a new shop right now. I wanted to use the VM email manager component, but I unfortunately had to be astablished that the component no longer exists... How can I edit mails like "confirmed", "payed", "send" and so on in VM or do you have any other good tipps for components for me? I haven't found an alternative to VM email manager so far.

Chigolo,

Have you successfully been able to make your templates using the recommended extension by Olympian Themes?

I would like to do this myself but make edits to the admin email template only. I, too, used to use VM Email Manager until they died.

toad78

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 03, 2017, 16:06:37 PM
There is this:  https://www.olympianthemes.com/virtuemart-templates/virtuemart-html-order-emails.html

or you can use template & language overrides to set up your own layouts & content.

jenkinhill,
You mentioned that there is a way to make overrides to the templates. The only templates I've seen are the ones to override the template sent to the customer in the 'invoice' folder. Unless you can provide more instruction on where to find the admin template to override? Using VM 2.x Invoice Configuration doesn't seem to help when modifying the layout of the admin email template itself. That's what was so great about VM Email Manager (it was easy to use).

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate your replying.

pinochico

Hi,

I use Email Manager Pro still, because we refactoring code for VM 3.0.18 and VM2.6

+ add some new elements (calc with rounded with setup number, new template for product info, )
+ new trigger for waiting list
+ new 2 templates for waiting list for admin/customers
+ new 2 plugins for cron for waiting list

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Milbo

The overrides are now always in the FE and just the layouts of the view "invoice"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

LeonZ

Anyone found something already ? I really appreciated the old component and it worked flawles but after the last VM update I was not able to implement it anymore. Another good component would be great. I read about the Olympian Themes and I think it only is an override template and if you want to customize that you just have to do the same as the usual override.

If someone has a good solution please share.

Leon

GJC Web Design

Just had a job to get the http://www.interamind.com VM Emails Manager Plus working on VM3.2

the company seems closed now

Was successful so it is possible .. but required some changes in shopfunctionsf and the orders model (the original needed the shopf changes)

If this is the ext. u have then email me
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

rahulsagipl

Quote from: Chigolo on January 03, 2017, 15:27:10 PM
Hello guys,

i found  a Joomla tutorial which is working like VM Email Manager, i hope it will a lot

https://www.yireo.com/tutorials/joomla/emailscheduler-tutorials/1769-sending-mails-with-follow-up-virtuemart

Mentalhacker

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 14, 2017, 18:46:54 PM
Just had a job to get the http://www.interamind.com VM Emails Manager Plus working on VM3.2

the company seems closed now

Was successful so it is possible .. but required some changes in shopfunctionsf and the orders model (the original needed the shopf changes)

If this is the ext. u have then email me

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I need help with the VM Email Manager extension. I want to update VM to 3.2 but something has been changed in shopfunctionsf.php, so VM Email Manager component doesn't work in the new version.

Could you help in getting the extension work in VM 3.2? I would need the new functions in VM 3.2, but uninstalling VM Email Manager is not an option because this extension is vitally important and life saving.

Thank you.

mentalhacker

pinochico

Yes, we have version VM Email Manager for VM 3.4.5
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

bindcommerce

I need VM Emails Manager Plus to modify it and adapt it someone can you help me?

pinochico

Yep,

we have Virtuemart Email Manager for VM 3.6.10 and J3.9

What do you want? - send me email to info@minijoomla.org

Rudolf

pinochico

bindcommerce:
QuoteI need VM Emails Manager Plus to modify it and adapt it someone can you help me?

I think that you do not need such a modification, otherwise you would have written a long time ago about the new version of the program ;D

bhaviks

Just go to google and typer there "what's the best alternative of VM email manager" and you will get a lot of alternatives of VM email manager.