Author Topic: VM email manager closed... which other component?  (Read 237 times)

Chigolo

• Beginner
VM email manager closed... which other component?
« on: January 03, 2017, 15:27:10 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm making a new shop right now. I wanted to use the VM email manager component, but I unfortunately had to be astablished that the component no longer exists... How can I edit mails like "confirmed", "payed", "send" and so on in VM or do you have any other good tipps for components for me? I haven't found an alternative to VM email manager so far.

I'm using Joomla 3.6.5 with VM  3.0.18.

Thx and have a happy new year!

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: VM email manager closed... which other component?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 16:06:37 pm »
There is this:  https://www.olympianthemes.com/virtuemart-templates/virtuemart-html-order-emails.html

or you can use template & language overrides to set up your own layouts & content.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.0 on Joomla 3.6.5 PHP 7.0.12

Testing VM3.2.1 on J!3.6.5 and J!3.7B3

toad78

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 20:43:35 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm making a new shop right now. I wanted to use the VM email manager component, but I unfortunately had to be astablished that the component no longer exists... How can I edit mails like "confirmed", "payed", "send" and so on in VM or do you have any other good tipps for components for me? I haven't found an alternative to VM email manager so far.

I'm using Joomla 3.6.5 with VM  3.0.18.

Thx and have a happy new year!

Chigolo,

Have you successfully been able to make your templates using the recommended extension by Olympian Themes?

I would like to do this myself but make edits to the admin email template only. I, too, used to use VM Email Manager until they died.

toad78

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 20:46:09 pm »
There is this:  https://www.olympianthemes.com/virtuemart-templates/virtuemart-html-order-emails.html

or you can use template & language overrides to set up your own layouts & content.

jenkinhill,
You mentioned that there is a way to make overrides to the templates. The only templates I've seen are the ones to override the template sent to the customer in the 'invoice' folder. Unless you can provide more instruction on where to find the admin template to override? Using VM 2.x Invoice Configuration doesn't seem to help when modifying the layout of the admin email template itself. That's what was so great about VM Email Manager (it was easy to use).

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate your replying.