News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need a cash and card price

Started by tommyboy0485, January 02, 2017, 06:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyboy0485

Greetings, I'm needing Virtumart to offer a cash and card price.  I cannot seem to figure out how to do this.  For example. The credit card price for a Hammer online is $12 but if they order it online but pay in person it will be $9.  How can i make it so they can order the product online and have the option between the two prices.  Regardless if this i legal or not this is what im needing to do.   

Best,
Mark

Joomla version, 3.4.3.
VirtueMart 3.0.18

Jörgen

Hello

You need to update Joomla.

There is no way in having different prices according to payment. At the time you are putting the item in the cart, you don´t know how he is going pay.
You can set a charge fee in the payment method, but not per item, you set it per order.
You can set a caculation rule for a customer Group. Even payment method.  But You have to assign the customer to this Group first.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

lindapowers

I guess you could look in to custom fields since you can add price modifiers per product or in to shipping methods but shipping will affect the entire product list in the order.

You can create a parent with no price set and create 2 child products with the variants you need and a price for each child or use any other custom field.

tommyboy0485

Milbo

Quote from: Jörgen on January 02, 2017, 09:23:23 AM
There is no way in having different prices according to payment. At the time you are putting the item in the cart, you don´t know how he is going pay.
You can set a charge fee in the payment method, but not per item, you set it per order.
You can set a caculation rule for a customer Group. Even payment method.  But You have to assign the customer to this Group first.

You can use the fee also as skonto most time. Just try with a negative value. Most payments do not use the trigger to display the prices in the productdetails, but it can be added, relativly easy. So you could show directly in the productdetails the two different payment methods, one with skonto and the other without.

I added for a gold member the possibility to block paypal by shipmentmethods. Would also make sense here to connect the payment directly with the shipment method.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Danny Shopper

I have to agree with malibo that
QuoteYou can use the fee also as skonto most time. Just try with a negative value. Most payments do not use the trigger to display the prices in the productdetails, but it can be added, relativly easy. So you could show directly in the productdetails the two different payment methods, one with skonto and the other without.

I added for a gold member the possibility to block paypal by shipmentmethods. Would also make sense here to connect the payment directly with the shipment method.

Studio 42

If you really need to set it by product, do a new plugin(see g:\web\wamp\www\vm3last\plugins\vmcustom\textinput\ for eg. to do one)
And use a checkbox for eg. for offer a cash and card price with negative value.