News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] using other overrides than the default.php for category...

Started by aftertaf, January 02, 2017, 00:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aftertaf

Hi,

I have a question. I've been learning (google etc) how to do overrides for specific categories, as I have a website that sells both unitary and 'per metre' types of merchandise.

Using overrides allows me to hide the unit price for per metre products, and instead display the xx.xx per metre price when Product Packaging is configured with 0.01 + Metre.

long story short :
my overrides are working on my local copy of the site, but not on the production site.
Local copy on windows, with XAMPP, PHP7, using filezilla to have file structure synchronised and the database is a 2 week old dump/restore...

I've gone thru the Menu Items settings, shop templates by default etc to no avail : each configuration setting is identical. and for some reason overrides are failing on my remote/public site.

The overridden default is applying, in /MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/category - a modified version of the stock VM file.
the other files, named sOaumetre.php, sOCategory.php, sONoSale.php are not being used even though files are present: and they work on my local copy of the site...
If anyone has a bright idea....? :)

Ive added screenshots of the websites, with the names of the overrides added to make them visible (and to help me not go mad...)

While on the subject...
Q2: What is the difference/priority when a category layout is chosen in the VM Category Menu Item, or when in the Product Category page?
I can't find much documentation on this.

Q3: createPriceDiv
For my products per metre, i'd like to change how the price Div is rendered. I dont know how to do it yet, but the idea is to multiply by 100 some of the standard prices, as my price is per CM in the system, but I want to show discount amounts per metre....
Is this technically possible?

I wanted to upload images, but get a message upload folder is full... :/

aftertaf

ive also checked the rights/ownership on the uploaded files, and corrected/modified the templateDetails.xml and the overridden folders in the com_templateck's html folder for virtuemart...

Jörgen

hello

I  would not use UPPER CASE letters mixed with lower case. Make all lower case.
Ab.php is not equal to ab.php on a UNIX server. It is case sensitive.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

aftertaf

::)

T H A N K   Y O U
!!

all in lowercase, and it now works.