Shop description and terms and conditions will not change (multi language)

Started by rubliexpress, December 29, 2016, 20:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubliexpress

Hello

I want to change the text from the "shop description" and "terms and conditions" under Backend -> shop -> shop
If i change the language on top left, all input boxes with multi language support will change the flag to the corresponding language. eg. fr-Fr --> flag from Franc, If --> flag from Italia, etc...
BUT the text will not change....

I can overwrite and store it (it will show the correct in the frontend) but after refresh the backend, the text is disapeared and the standard text appears.

How can i fix this?

Joomla version: 3.5.1
VM: 3.0.10
PHP:5.4.44

thanks
rubliexpress

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rubliexpress

Hello together

thanks for your reply.

I expected such an answer. I know that the system is not up to date. And I think  that if I'll update to the current version that my problem will not be solved.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

thanks

jenkinhill

Recommending you consider updating has nothing to do with solving your problem but of preventing your site from being hacked, if that has already not happened.

The way that language is handled has changed a lot in recent versions, so it may fix you issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rubliexpress

Hello together

it seames that an update from the virtuemart solved my problem...  :D
thanks

But now i have a new problem... the language overrides will not work properly. means that the overrides generaly works, but the system will take the backend - language files instead the frontend files.
If the files are missing, the system is switching to the backend fall back language. If these are missing, the system switches to the correct ones (frontend).
In my case:

1. Backend de-DE
2. Backend en-En
3. Frontend de-DE

why is the system taking first the backend language files?

thanks
regards
rubliexpress

rubliexpress

strange... now it's working as it should be.. :-\
i can't reproduce the error..  >:(

but anyway thanks for your support  :)

rubliexpress