News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

registered user "my account" page

Started by rage76, December 28, 2016, 08:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage76

I am on J 3.6.5 / VM 3.0.18

I would like to have a "my account" page for the registered user after he logs-in, where he can check his details like order history, profile, shipping address, etc.

How do I achieve this?

Jörgen

Hello

Create a new Joomla Menu item:  Virtuemart -> Account maintenance.
There are other useful pages to create links to amung the Virtuemart pages, check them out and create links to the ones You want to use.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

rage76

Thanks Jörgen

I have used "account maintenance" for "Signup". What I want is once the user logs-in, there should be a menu item "my account" which should lead to a page that has all the user-menu items like; order history, personal information, etc. Not able to do this.

Please guide suitably.

Rgds

Jörgen

Hello

My account maintenance has tabs for personal information and for order history (if there is a order history).

What Do You get ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Quote from: rage76 on December 28, 2016, 08:33:08 AM
What I want is once the user logs-in, there should be a menu item "my account" which should lead to a page that has all the user-menu items like; order history, personal information, etc.

That is exactly what the link to account maintenance does - unless you are using template overrides there.   I simply make a menu item for account maintenance and set it to display only when logged in, so they see their shopper information and orders in tabs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rage76

Dear Jörgen & jenkinhill

Thank you for the replies. I believe, my template (I purchased it) has overrides and because of that, the standard layouts are not showing.

Is there a way to create a separate page for all the user options? Similar to the screen shot >> http://prnt.sc/dotdrk

Also, with "account maintenance" I see that there is no option to edit the "shipping address". How can that be included in this option?

Rgds

Jörgen

Check out the original files for the user, view = user, layout = edit.

There You should see how it is done.

You can also turn off the template and use protostar for this menu item to see how the original version looks.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x