Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with SEF urls

Started by depika, December 23, 2016, 08:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

depika

Hello

I am having a joomla 3.6.5 multilanguage joomla site running virtuemart 3.0.18

I am using the latest version of sh404SEF for the sef urls but I am willing to change if somebody gives me an explanation for the weird urls I am getting. I have talked with the component coder but he says he can't help me. He doesn't understand why I am getting these weird urls from virtuemart.

99% of my urls are virtuemart product categories and products

I have not created a vm frontpage menu since I didn't needed

I created all my vm categories as categories menu links at the joomla menus

No product is displayed outside from product categories and I have coded the vm product module that displays random products to have the itemid of the category the product belongs to and the language the user codes.

No1 Problem
----------------------------------------------------------
So one url I should have should be like this
http://www.sfragidadiko.gr/en/stamps/ink-pads-spares/trodat-self-inking-stamp-ink-pads/196770-00146-trodat-ink-pad-6-4913-for-trodat-printy-stamps-uninked-detail

But instead I am getting this url
http://www.sfragidadiko.gr/en/196770-00146-trodat-ink-pad-6-4913-for-trodat-printy-stamps-uninked-detail

If you go to the category http://www.sfragidadiko.gr/en/stamps/ink-pads-spares/trodat-self-inking-stamp-ink-pads
most of the urls are ok but once in a while I am getting these errors
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Problem
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am getting urls like
/el/404/196776-9008056445388-sfragida-trodat-printy-4913-typo-aytokataskeyazomeni-elliniki-detail

I have come to realize that the 404 is a category for 24% VAT that exists but I have not created a category menu link for this category.
I use this category to set the VAT to the products. So the products belong to two categories (the VAT category and their type category)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having a category Accounting Forms (in greek Logistika Entipa)

I am getting urls
en/logistika-entipa

and

el/accounting-forms

alongside with the correct one en/accounting-forms and el/logistika-entipa

I have searched and searched why this is happening but with no success. I am using the internal joomla multilanguage plugin and everything is translated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would appreciate your help. I am getting many 404 urls from google.
I am willing to change also the sef component I am using if you can suggest a better one.

Studio 42

Simply do not use SEF components.
For the product, you can have now short urls or standard urls with categories before in the URL, check your VM configuration.
alongside with the correct one en/accounting-forms and el/logistika-entipa, if you use core Joomla Sef and language is added for this link, you cannot have inverted links.

I have not created a vm frontpage menu since I didn't needed
You have to add or one menu link to VM homepage or to a category but don't set any manufacturer or categorie option, if you don't need it then simply add a menu item but don't set any menu module for this menu.

GJC Web Design

Agree .. 3rd party sef ext are simply not needed, add huge overhead and as you see create problems
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stawebnice

question is since your address ends with detail exactly as Virtuemart default product links are your VM links changed by 404SEF at all? I think the easiest way is to disable 404SEF and compare the addresses of the same product

I use JoomSEF to prevent duplicity in links - e.g. when you have one product in multiple categories, Virtuemart creates different addresses for the single product in every category...

I stopped using 404SEF because it wasn't as good but  -  with JoomSEF you need to buy not only main component but also a Virtuemart plugin...isn't is similar in 404SEF? 

Studio 42

Quote from: stawebnice on March 01, 2017, 13:47:10 PM
question is since your address ends with detail exactly as Virtuemart default product links are your VM links changed by 404SEF at all? I think the easiest way is to disable 404SEF and compare the addresses of the same product

I use JoomSEF to prevent duplicity in links - e.g. when you have one product in multiple categories, Virtuemart creates different addresses for the single product in every category...

I stopped using 404SEF because it wasn't as good but  -  with JoomSEF you need to buy not only main component but also a Virtuemart plugin...isn't is similar in 404SEF? 
Its not a problem to have multiple links to same product, VM add canonical in the head to prevent duplicates link in google, yahoo ...
The only problem can be the pathway. But perhaps a solution is to always use canonical, but  in this case you get the problem to switch always in same category.
So, yes using 404SEF or JoomSEF is not needed, you can achieve same SEO quality if you fill correctly the product meta and informations.